Ch. 10: Beast Battle

A few days later, Eda and Luz were walking on the Knee.

"I still can't believe you managed to talk me into going and cleaning the school!" Eda said, 'You better pull a lot of pranks when you're there, or else I'll... damn it, I can't do anything to you!"

"Yeah, yeah, now what are we doing here?" Luz asked.

A few heavy breathes got closer and Cat climbed up the small cliff, before laying on the ground, exhausted.

"And... why did... I have to come!?" Cat asked.

"Because I wanted you to." Luz said.

"We're here, because this is the only place I can get ingredients for the Barking potion." Eda said, "Because those are the best way to get those Coven Stooges... and Lilith... to back off."

"B-But why am I here?! I'm a healing student, not potions! Boscha would've been a better choice." Cat said, catching her breath.

"But your healer experience lets you know what's poison and what's not." Eda said.

"Besides, I already went on an adventure with the other three." Luz said, "So it's your turn."

"Do I have a choice?" Cat asked.

"Yes, but our friends all agreed in a vote." Luz said before hugging Cat with one arm. "So let's just enjoy the adventure and learn about wild magic! You might like it."

Cat hated this... on many levels, but she wasn't going to argue with the demon that was trying to be friendly with her.

"So what's first in our "adventure?"" Cat asked.

"Eda, please explain." Luz said, looking at the witch.

"Well, we're going to be going to the old ruins and-"

Luz pushed Eda, just in time as a fireball flew right by where she was standing. Luz growled.

"Cat, stay here, I'm going to go see who almost set my teacher on fire." Luz said.

Luz stomped over, jumping over a small stone wall and came face to face with-

"... Sup, babe." Luz said, smiling at Amity.

Amity blushed a bit before smiling at Luz.

"H-h-hi, Luz." Amity said, holding a hand out.

Luz took it and removed the glove, giving Amity's hand a kiss. Luz put the glove back on Amity's hand and smiled.

"So, what are you doing here?" Luz asked.

"Oh, uh, I'm training. I'm trying to master a new spell for next semester's entrance exam." Amity said, "I'm trying to beat Emira's high score."

"Oh Mittens, that's impossible!" Emira said, poking out over Amity's shoulder.

"She still needs to use a training wand." Edric said, poking over the other shoulder.

Luz gave them a bit of a glare.

"You two better not be trying to prank her still."

The two back up a bit, still slightly scared of Luz... and hoping she didn't have that picture of them dressed in baby stuff.

"I'm... going to go read my healing book." Emira said, walking away.

Edric followed her.

"Huh, I could've sworn that Edric was the- wait a minute!" Luz said, "They're still in each other's bodies! That was a week and a half ago!"

"Yeah, they uh... they... are more comfortable in each other's body." Amity said, "To be honest, I've kind of thought they were both trans, and you doing that kind of just made it easier."

Dancing with Demonsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें