Chapter 7

A/N sorry, it's been a crazy couple of weeks but now I'm back. This chapter might be a bit weird as I will jump forwards and backwards in time so sorry. If any of y'all ever don't understand any medical terms I use, just ask. Some of this I did have to research so no shame in asking. Hope y'all are well and enjoying this. :)

(Time skip to the past)
Will's POV:

As soon as I heard the scream, I began to prep the infirmary. It came from the training arena so I guessed someone was injured. I gave Nico a look and he ran out to go help that person. A couple minutes later they came back with an unconscious Percy. I cursed.

"Jason, what was he doing?" I was frustrated and I knew Jason picked up on that. So did everyone else.

"Why are you mad at him?" I shoot Piper down with a look.

"Everyone except Jason and Nico please leave. Can someone also please get Kayla?" With that everyone left. I needed Jason for background details and Nico knew his way around the infirmary. Nico knew how to help.

"Clarisse said that she asked Percy to help with her sword class. Then she walked away to go get water and heated a scream. She ran there and Percy was unconscious and the young kids he was teaching were freaking out." I cursed again.

"Thanks Jason."

I started instructing the 2 of them as I got set up to do an x-ray, an MRI, and a blood test. Percy then sat up.

"You're stupid you know." I told him as I drew his blood.

"Yes I know."

Annabeth's POV:

I rushed into camp. As soon as Hazel had told me that I needed to come back for Percy, I had called Blackjack and we flew to camp. I ran into Piper as I raced across the border. Like I literally ran into Piper.

"Where's Percy?" No one had told me anything. I didn't know what had happened but I figured Percy did something.

Piper gave me a look as she said, "He's in the infirmary, did Hazel tell you anything?"

"No." And with that I ran towards the infirmary. When I got in there Jason pulled me over to talk.

"Percy's fine right now, he's just getting an MRI. But I'll let him explain."

I sat down next to Jason and waited. Finally Will came out and pulled me into a room.

"I'll let him explain." And Will walked out.

I turned to him, he looked pale and a little out of it but he smiled. "Hey Wise Girl."

"Hey Seaweed Brain. What did you do?" From there Percy explained everything. From how he found out he had cancer to getting a biopsy, to now when he passed out.

"Percy why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I just didn't want to worry you."

"Percy, you can always worry me with these kinds of things. And now that I know I can help."

He just smiled and started to fall asleep. Will knocked on the door and poked his head in.

"Annabeth, can I talk to you."

I nodded yes and followed him into the hallway.

"So Annabeth, I wanted to tell you this before Percy so that maybe you could help but, the cancer is spreading very fast. Demigods have faster cell division than mortals so injuries can heal faster. This is also causing the cancer to spread faster than it would in a mortal. Cancer is when cell division happened very fast and can't be controlled. The cancer is spreading dangerously fast. The other thing is that this shouldn't be possible. Demigods rarely get sick let alone cancer. Something had to of triggered this. I just wanted to tell you first so you can help me break it to Percy."

We both were silent as he let me have a minute to process this. "What if it was Tartarus? What if that's what caused it."

Will looked thoughtful for a second, "Then I need to test you and Nico. Go get him."

I ran off to got get Nico, to many thoughts going through my head to focus on just one. Except for one very loud thought what's going to happen to Percy?

Nico's POV:

I was in my cabin just chilling when I heard a knock. 

"Come in."

Annabeth came in, "Nico we need to go to the infirmary." Confused I got up and followed her.

When we got to the infirmary, Will told me that he needed to test Annabeth, Percy, and me. When I asked him why, he told me that he needed to make sure we didn't have any side effects after that place.

He pulled Annabeth into a room and 20 minutes later she came out. I followed Will into a different room and saw a couple different machines.

"So I need to get an MRI, a couple x-rays, and some blood from you."

First he gave me a gown and showed me a bathroom to change in. I got an MRI done and x-rays. Then I was allowed to change out of the gown and he drew some blood. We walked out and Annabeth was still sitting there.

"I'll get this tested and let y'all know if I find anything. It'll take a day or two and I might need more tests done. Thank you for cooperating and y'all are free to go." Will walked back into the room and I turned to Annabeth.

"Didn't Percy also need to get tested?"

"He already did. He's the reason we need to get tested."

"Oh, ok." And I turned to walk out of the infirmary, wondering what happened and what we needed to be tested for. Also wondering if it had anything to do with the blue folder with Percy's name in it.

And that's it for today. So sorry it's short, it has been a crazy couple of weeks. But now I'm on spring break so I will write some more. I also have a new idea for a book so I'll post a message on that. Just let me know if you would like to see that as a book. Hope yall enjoyed :)

Word count: 1050