Chapter 75 - Interrogation & Zai's Truth

The next morning arrived as things seemed relatively calm for the most part. Lukas is sitting by the edge of some railing on the second floor of the warehouse as he is eating an energy bar. Though for some reason, Mossberg is sitting on his lap. As far as Lukas knew really, Mossberg had become quite clingy at times and he doesn't know if he could get used to it since he is aware that Mossberg has been quiet most of the time, but consistently watching him and everything he does.

While he is currently eating his energy bar, he was looking down at the survivors as he watched everyone help each other out with their needs and mental support. Mossberg is eating a chocolate bar, though she actually wanted to ask a question.

Mossberg: "Why are you helping all these people?"

While she may have said this in a monotone or nonchalant manner, she clearly had a tinge of curiosity behind it. Lukas was a little surprised when she asked the question, though he did his best to answer.

Lukas: "We're helping them because they were innocent in this situation. Ever since the beginning, these people did nothing wrong... and I used to live here in Atlas City, so I could sympathise with them."

Mossberg: "They're innocent?"

Lukas: "To put it simply, people who had nothing to do with our fight against Malware and the Atlas Corporation. We never wanted bloodshed to occur, only to rely on violence as a form of last resort. However, we do what we can to save others... because it's the right thing to do."

Mossberg: "How do you know if it's the right thing to do?"

Lukas: "Well... Right and wrong could be subjective I guess... Right and wrong could be parallel to good and evil. While I may have not a lot of experience, I just think that what we see as good, the bad guys could see it the other way around... It's like a grey line that separates the realities and perspective of both sides of a conflict. Being good means to help others, or even yourself, showing care and doing what you think is right. Being evil means that you put yourself before everyone else, enforcing your ideals and philosophies onto others by force, making choices that could only benefit you in the end... I just think that there's a lot of things that could be classified as evil, but some become evil for good intentions too..."

Lukas then remembered that Calli tried to kill him before. While it could've been seen as an evil act, she was doing it to try and protect those she begun to care about. So she had to do an evil act for the good intentions of others. He had always reminisced to that fight in particular, because it had mostly opened his eyes to the bigger picture on how much he needs to improve, so that no one has to worry about him anymore. He wants to become as strong as possible so he could keep others safe as he knows now what bearing the responsibility of the Omni Magician is like.

Yet while Lukas was going through his thoughts, his face made him seem a bit down as he struggled to remember the good times in a dark situation like this. Though Mossberg lifted her head, looking at Lukas as she noticed this. 

Mossberg: "You seem troubled."

Lukas: "Well... A lot has happened to me within a year and... I've always tried to go with the flow. I don't even know how to cope with all of this and..."

Mossberg: "You're strong."

Lukas was a bit perplexed by what Mossberg just said, though she continued as she looked at the survivors.

Mossberg: "I may have not known much, but I can see that you're a good person. The world seems harsh and I don't know anything about it. So I'm willing to listen and learn. So if there's any trouble troubling you, I can help."