Chapter 34 - Shifting Flames

Both Lukas and Calli were staring each other down as they were ready for whatever came next against each other. Lukas was hesitant as he was trembling slightly, letting Calli know that Lukas was going to struggle as he is afraid of her. Calli begun by appearing immediately in front of Lukas, beginning a downward swing. Though Lukas step backwards to dodge the attack as the scythe hit into the ice below them, though she instantly spun her scythe around, easily cutting through the ice without it getting stuck.

She then swung again at him at incredible speeds that Lukas tried to use his Wind Magic from his right hand to try and not only knock her back, but also knock himself back. Though when he fired it, Calli dodged and appeared directly behind him, attempting another strike, which forced Lukas to use Wind Magic from his one foot to propel him in the air as he does an aerial flip. He then used Wind Magic to propel himself towards Calli as he goes in for a Fire Magic kick, covering his legs in flames. 

As his kick made contact with Calli's face, she was knocked back, though when she recovered, he could see that his Fire Magic did do some form of damage to her, yet she healed back like nothing had happened, making him even more nervous as his trembling became more obvious.

Calliope: "Your flames are quite potent, but Kusotori's is far more potent than yours Misaki."

Veladora: "This... is definitely not looking good for you Lukas..."

Lukas *Thoughts*: "Definitely not..."

Calli then went in for another attack as she continued swinging at him, forcing Lukas to constantly dodge utilizing his Wind Magic to either knock her back at times or make himself move faster so he wouldn't get hit. Though this wasn't as effective of a strategy as he would've thought as Calli manages to land a single cut on his left cheek, forcing him to kick her away as he cartwheeled backwards, landing onto his feet while standing in position being ready at all times.

Though he may have sustained a physical injury he could feel something was off as it suddenly hit him like a needle poking into his nerves. Yet it wasn't just him that felt it, it was also Veladora.

Veladora: "Oh~ crap!"

Lukas *Thoughts*: "What is this feeling...?"

Lukas was sweating a little as this pain was rather new to him.

Veladora: "I totally forgot that she can do that!"

Lukas *Thoughts*: "Do what!?"

Veladora: "Her scythe has a particular quality to it that she specializes in. Even if her scythe can pretty much cut through nearly anything, it has the properties to damage one's soul. Yet not only did she injure yours by a mere cut, it did the same for me...."

Lukas' eyes widened a bit as he realizes what she meant.

Lukas: "She... She can kill souls..."

He said this out loud as Calli was already in front of him, preparing another attack. Lukas quickly propelled himself using Wind Magic to knock them both away from each other as he then released a slash of Fire Magic towards her direction, only for her to slice at it in return, destroying the attack in one swing. 

Yet as their duel continued, Lukas was trying to come up with solutions on how to fight her. He can still utilize his Wind Magic to either knock her back at times, or propel himself around to keep up with her or dodge her attacks. His Fire Magic is not as potent as he would've hoped as even if his Fire Magic attacks landed, she was regenerating back rapidly quicker than the damage he could dish out. Yet even when he wants to use his Lightning Magic, he doesn't know how to fire it as a ranged projectile yet. So he was constantly using both his Wind and Fire Magic to keep up with her.