Chapter 64 - Operation ATLAS Preparations & Zaion's Truth

It has been about a week since Lukas infiltrated Atlas to get information, though it was now the beginning of September, he was too focused on getting the job done. Most of the time he spent planning with Altare, trying to come up with how to proceed with the operation. They did have a talk with Tanigo and Enma along with the other Managers that work under him about this issue, which under a unanimous vote, they agreed for the operation to proceed.

Currently, the meeting room was filled with everybody as the plan was being explained by Altare as there was a large holographic projection being shown about the inside of the base they plan to infiltrate and neutralize. The base seemed to be further up into Canada, in the more colder climates, though there was alternative methods to reach the base.

Altare: "As you can see, this base is located within a mountain side which is difficult to reach through normal methods. Though judging by the schematics, it does have one access point."

Axel: "Which seems to be at the top of the mountain, though it seems like the base goes further into the mountain. This base must be the whole mountain for that matter."

Zaion: "That would also mean that covering every single area in one go would take too long."

Melody: "There's another way in, yet it would require a separate team to go in from that way while the other team keeps them distracted and barges in at the front gates. I will have to remain here so I can guide both teams through the base."

Dropscythe: "So where the hell does the second team enter from? If there's no other entrance?"

Melody: "There's a warehouse that is disguised as an abandoned subsidiary within Atlas City that can get you into the base through means of teleportation. Unlike the Gateway, they use a form of instant teleportation which is hidden underneath the warehouse."

Lukas: "But we're intending to blow the base up... So where do the charges need to be and how many is required...?"

Flayon: "Judging by the sheer size of the base while also being situated within the mountain itself. We don't need to blow up the whole mountain, that'll take too long. So I think what could work is if we focus on blowing up the supports the keep the base stable within the mountain itself. There seems to be about at least up to five of them. Though judging by their size and scales... I think we'll need at least three charges for each."

Shinri: "Good thinking kid. Though where exactly is the second team going to teleport to within the base?"

Melody: "Most likely in the lower sections, where most of the industrial production lines are. The upper half would be where the higher security would be and the lower half is most likely where they make the robots. Luckily there's only two supports down at the lower half, making the upper half more of a hassle in comparison. We'll need a strong team barging in and getting the job done."

Altare: "I've already decided on that. TEMPUS will be with me as usual as we can deal with the grunts that'll be too difficult for you lot to handle. Zentreya, I'm leaving you in charge of the second team as you're the most experienced compared to the rest."

Zentreya: "I can manage that."

Altare: "So for team one, I'll be leading Shinri, Axel and Hakka as us four will be enough. Second team will comprise of Zentreya, Misaki, Zaion and Dropscythe. You four will be within the base, ensuring you lot can collect the necessary data as evidence to bring Hardway down. But don't forget to ensure that those charges are set."

Flayon: "And what about me?"

Flayon: "You are our getaway. I've heard that you're a mech expert that can also control vehicles whether they be land, air or sea. So I'll be counting on you to drop us off and pick us up."