58: The Epitome of Hypocrisy.

While Anos and Lay were busy dealing with Melheis, Rimuru also had her hands full. At first She thought it was just Melheis doing all the planning which is true for the most part. But when she did a scan on Sheila she found something very disturbing.

The spirit disease which was known to be common in demon- spirit hybrids is something the Gods have a hand in. Even she didn't detect it at first but when < beno leven> the wall that made Gods trapped in their realm came near her her body unintentionally omitted a bit of magic power the God's have.

After finding this Rimuru wasted no time and did a full scan on her body and source. At first she didn't detect any anomaly but delving her senses deeper into the source she found a curse casted on her. It was placed in her spirit side so even Lay who she suspected to be Kannon's reincarnation wouldn't find it as he had no experience in dealing with a source that is tied to a rumour.

Theoretically speaking demon- spirit hybrids should be considered superior to a normal demon or spirit . They don't need to rely heavily on their rumour like the spirits or be limited to demon magic like demons.

' So Ciel, what is your guess as to why they casted this curse on her? Rimuru asked Ciel as she tried to stabilise Sheila 's condition.

[ Master further Analysis shows me that this is not a curse that targeted her specifically . This is a curse that is casted in every demon- spirit hybrid when they are born. When the necessary conditions are met the curse will be activated. ]

' A curse that is casted on every hybrid who was born to a demon or spirit huh, that means the caster must have the authority to govern over birth. Sigh I hope it isn't that fool Nosgalia or I will cast another curse on him to burn his butt every hour.' Rimuru thought with annoyance. If she hadn't agreed to not cause too much chaos in the world she would kill that bastard for this.

" Ciel destroy that curse, If that isn't enough, use Turn null to completely erase it from this world " Rimuru said after thinking about it for a moment. Although she can't hunt down this person she can at least erase its trace from this world.

[ Yes master ]

Soon black smoke came out of Rimuru which entered Sheila 's body. The smoke directly went to attack her curse, completely curing her. But Ciel didn't stop there; she used the connection the curse had to the world as a medium and destroyed the curses of every other person who was also infected. After all of this is done, she begins to completely erase the curse as a concept from this world. From now on no God could cast this curse again.

[ it is done master, from now on there would no one who would be able to cast this curse on anyone]

Hearing her answer Rimuru noded. She then looked at Sheila whose complexion was turning back to normal. Slowly she began to open her eyes. When she finally opened them she saw Rimuru looking at her with a smile.

Confused, she asked, " excuse me but where am I ? Last thing I remember is saying some words to my son. Did I die ? "

Rimuru chuckled and answered, " No you didn't. you are very much alive. My name is Rimuru, a friend of Lay. It's finally nice to meet you aunty "

" Oh a friend of my son. How lovely. I hope Lay isn't causing you guys too much trouble " she asked with a relaxed smile.

Rimuru chuckled while answering, " of course not aunty. He isn't that much different from Anos so no problem"

" Anos oh isn't he the boy Lay lost to in a match. I must thank that boy for being my son's friend. You see Rimuru ever since Lay was with me he never lost a match due his skills being far better than his opponent . Because of this he couldn't enjoy a good fight. But when he lost that day. He was so happy.

Just like he was when he was kid. A kid who wanted to enjoy the art of swordsmanship while doing the impossible. Did you know he once sliced a pot with a kitchen knife. " Sheila began to reminisce about the memories she had with Lay in the past.

Rimuru just smiled and listened to her. She never gets bored when she hears someone tell about their unforgettable moments. And she was glad that Lay chose her as his mother. Although she didn't know much about Kannon she knew that his childhood was not better than what Anos has had in the past. So she is secretly glad for both of them. They earned it after all.

Rimuru continued to listen to Sheila 's stories until she felt the other dimension calming down. So she deduced that the fight was over. " Say aunty, it looked like the fight was over. Why don't we go back? "

Sheila agreed. So Rimuru swiped her hand and made a space tear appear near her. Talking her hand she guided Sheila out of this dimension.

On the other side they appeared in the battle arena. Looking around Rimuru saw that Time had stopped. ' Tsk so they really had a hand in it ' she thought with displeasure. To make sure Anos wouldn't get any help from the outside they froze time. Gods are truly the epitome of hypocrisy. They would make a huge fuss if someone abuses their authority but they say nothing when they themselves abuse it.

" Is something the matter Rimuru" Sheila asked worriedly. Rimuru looked like she was barely holding back her anger.

Hearing her words Rimuru snapped back to her senses. She looked at Sheila and said apologetically " No it's alright. I was just in my own thoughts, say since this tournament is about to be over why don't take a seat and watch the rest "

Sheila nodded her head in agreement. Although she couldn't see her son's fight she wanted to at least enjoy herself with him by her side.

Soon they left the stage and headed towards the place where Anos's parents were seated. Arriving there Rimuru let Sheila sit on an empty seat near them.

And just as they were seated , Time began to flow again. The stage was covered in a dense layer of dust making the audience unable to see the winner. Soon the dust left the arena and there lay Lay in the ground while his magic sword broken in two. The victor was obvious to anyone.

" Winner Anos Voldigoad " the judge announced as the crowd cheered.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

If you want to read some advanced chapters go to my Patreon Account.

patreon.com/Nauty_Manu