The bet

“ Since you looks like having trouble I will give you a little handicap. I won’t move from my spot , I won’t even deploy a magic circle or imbued mana into my words or breath. Hell i won’t even use my hands, feet or even my hair to attack you. But even without that I will defeat you, would you like to try now clown *smirk*”  anos said with his usual condescending tone.

“ Hehk who do you think you are, you lowlife do you think bluffing would make you win against me , just admit it that you have no chance to  … kuhk * vomits blood * “

“ What the hell how “ zepes mumbled as he looks around to see how he was injured only to be met with anos ‘s widening smirk

“ did you hear it now “ asked anos

“ Hear what “ asked zepes instinctively. Then he heard a thud sound and ..

“ my heart beat “ that’s all zepes heard when he was bombarded with ultra high sound waves that kept damaging his internal organs .

Blood started  dripping from his body while various cut marks appeared. Zepes felt pain he never felt before in his whole life .

While his whole body was injured the armor was still intact without any damage. While underneath his whole body was injured.

This proves how much mastery anos had over his magic control. While in the audience although they didn’t see how zepes was injured so quickly they all thought anos did something unbelievable. This further makes the students have a great fear against anos in their minds.

After the whole ordeal zepes looked at anos tiredly and asked “ how “

Anos smiled said “ very simple actually, my heartbeat was full of magical power, and that sound shook your  body violently. Even when you wears anti-demon armor,  it’s not perfect . There were many gaps in the anti-magic magic formation, and my heartbeat passed through them.

“Ha…”

More Blood erupting from all over his body, zepes fell to his knees and fell forward.

Seeing his opponent down anos nodded his head and was about to go when a voice stopped him,

“ Wait… you bastard, I’m not done with you yet “

Surprised that he is still conscience anos looked back to see zepes looking at him with hatred and was crawling towards him. Because he had no more strength to get back up.

“ You know if you don’t get medical treatment quickly you may die right so give up will ya “ anos asked curiously Wondering what this fellow is upto.

“Hah ha  * heavy breathing* To inherit the blood of the founder but not being able to deliver the finishing blow to an enemy………. I will not do such a thing and  bring disgrace to this demon king nobility and the founder …….” Zepes said while during his long breathes.

‘Do those guys think they actually have  inherited the blood of the demon king? And what do you mean by shame, how does any of this has to  with me your founder '   anos wondered confusingly.

“Stop talking so much or You’ll die.” Anos said dismissively.

“Kill me.”

“Hmmm. A small fry like you is not worth killing.”

‘ Seriously What’s his problem?’

“Ha! You can’t do it, can you? Then you fail. Try to make me give up if you can. Even if I die, I won’t give up!!” zepes said while he has huge misunderstanding in his head.

‘ hmm I can use compulsion magic and alter his mind into giving up but ' anos couldn’t continue his thoughts when he heard,

“I know what you’re thinking. You’ll use compulsion magic on me. That’s fine. Try it. I won’t give up!! Haahaahaa….fuhahahahah!! Gah!” zepes laughter was interrupted when a foot landed on his face.

“ Interesting suggestions worm. But aren’t you full of yourself, where could you get such confidence “ asked anos while rubbing his foot on zepes face harder.

‘ He did say one interesting thing though.’ Anos mused .

“so you’re saying that if I don’t use compulsion magic I can’t make you give up now  was it?” anos asked still rubbing his foot harder on poor zepes’s face .

“………Ha……..it’s true……….you piece of shit………!” zepes said weakly.

‘Hmm Even with me standing on his head he is still talking big looks like I go a little rough on him '

“Hmm. You’re pretty amusing. Very well. It’s my victory if I make you give up without using compulsion magic and you win if I cant ,am I missing something in here .”

“Haaa? You sure? You sure do talk big. Even if I die I won’t give up!” zepes said definitely.

“ very well then let’s seal it with a contract then “ anos said smiling widely.

Soon a unique magic cirlcle appeared between anos and zepes. This is a contract magic cirlcle which is also know as [zechct ]

This magic manly uses to bind contracts and  insurance for the two parties that each of them do their part at the end of the bargin.

This spell created in ancient times even before anos was born. It is said that this was one of the few spells that were created in the beginning of creation. This spell is also a universal spell which means it is used by all the races without any conflict. Due to it’s importance this spell was never lost in ancient times unlike the some other spells.

When the magic circle glowed white and disappeared marked that the contract was completed. And since the contract was created using your magic power you can’t lie and give false promises.

“You’re an idiot. No matter how much you hurt me I won’t give up. At best I’ll feel sorry for you. Hyahahahahaha!” zepes laughed loudly already thinking he won this match.  

Anos said nothing but walked  near Zepes  brought his finger’s near his forehead.

“Oh? What’s that going to d—-“ zepes asked in a bewildered tone but he wasn’t able to finish his sentence when anos flick his forehead with his  finger.

“Gah…….”

Zepes whole body disappears.

“ oh looks like that was too much for him even though I held back a lot , well can’t have him die permanently that would make me lose this little bet “ anos mumbled and pricked his finger to for a drop of blood to drop on the floor .

The a magic circle appeared beneath anos and he said “ [ Ingall]”  as soon as said it a fully intact zepes appeared from the magic circle.

The crowd was stunned. They first saw the gruesome scene of zepes’s body exploding when anos flicked his finger , then the next moment they saw him resurrecting zepes. But what most of them where stunned is that anos performed one of the lost ancient spells like [Ingall ]  like it was nothing. One had to know performing an ancient spell have 50% chance of backfiring on the caster .