𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Now Playing

Now Playing..
Right My Wrongs, by Bryson Tiller.
...
MONTREAL, CANADA

"ARE YOU A FUCKING IDIOT?!" Nneka yells, storming inside the living room with Medjine trailing behind her friend. " Nene-"

" What the hell is your fucking problem? huh?! what actual fuck is your problem?!" Nneka hissed, stomping towards me but getting blocked by Mateo. He holds her waist, " Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, just calm-"

" Teo if you tell me to calm down I swear I might just knock your head off your fucking shoulders." Nneka warns, glaring up at him before slicing her eyes at me. " you're lucky Selah likes you because if I had it my way I would've cut your fucking balls off the second you opened your fucking mouth."

I wasn't even mad at her words or mad at the way she came at me. I know I deserve it, and this all happened because of me. I realize that, and I don't have any excuses to make up for what I did. Had it been any other instance and Nneka came up to me like that, I would've shut it down completely. but I couldn't.

" Okay, everyone just take a breather and sit down," Medjine says, grabbing Nneka's arm and pulling her in the direction of the couch. Mateo and Jonathan follow behind them, and Mateo sits closely to Nneka grabs her wrists, and sits them on his lap with one hand.

Medjine inhales, fixing her posture as she sits up. " Now, Exodus, can you please explain to us what happened?

I stayed standing, feeling like I was in court talking to the jurors in front of me. I took off my hood, sliding my hands into my pockets as I sighed. " We were... We were outside talking about our situation,"

" I asked her about what was going on in her head, and she told me that she was afraid of her feelings for me because she hadn't felt this way about someone and that she also didn't want to betray her brother, but that she also can't help the way that she feels for me and that she can't control it."

I place my hands on my head as I continued talking, " And I asked her if there was anything else on her mind, and she told me that she's been overthinking about a moment that I and her had, and when I asked her why didn't she come to me about it, she said she didn't want to say anything."

" That sounds like her," Medjine mumbled, exchanging looks with Nneka as they both frowned.

" I told her that I didn't want her to feel like she couldn't talk to me, and I also didn't want her to hold anything in because she's been doing that for years."

" Then..." I trailed off.

" Then what?" they say in sync.

then I fucked up and opened up my mouth. I fucked up and let my fear take over other than speaking from my heart. there was no point in hiding what happened or trying to twist and shape something out of the situation. I had to tell it like it was, and that's what I did. " I told Selah that I wouldn't deny my feelings for her because I've been in love with her for years, but she's Joey's sister."