𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Now Playing

Now Playing..
Summer's Over Interlude,by Drake
...
TORONTO, CANADA

"WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE? I think it would look pretty on you, plus it's a pretty color." Nneka spoke, holding up a bright orange dress to my body.

I shook my head, continuing to skim throughout the racks of clothes. " mm mm, it's too bright."

I pick up a bright blue sequence dress, and then turn it around to face Nneka. " This is cute, right?"

She scrunched up her nose, looking at the fabric up and down. " Not if you want to look like a disco ball,"

Nneka and I were currently at Forever 21, searching for anything that could possibly be a good fit for me. This was the third store we went to. To be completely honest, I had no idea what I was going to wear in the first place, I was just looking for something cute and simple. Yet I had no luck.

I took Ms. Morris's words into consideration and came to Toronto Bridge Mall to look for a dress for the exhibition. It was early in the afternoon now, and people were starting to crowd the mall heavily as they came in floods.

She takes the sequenced dress from my hand, and I let out a long sigh. " This is stupid, I'm just gonna tell Medjine I'm not going to go." I grunted, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

Nneka scoffs, adjusting her Telfar tote bag on her shoulder. " Yeah, no. That's not happening,"

I huffed, crossing my arms in front of my chest as my car keys clinked together on my wristband, " Well I don't know what else to do, Nene. Plus my flight leaves at eleven tonight, so I have no other choice but find something quick to wear. On top of that-"

" Before you start all that panicking shit," She begins, giving me a look. " If you really need a dress for tomorrow tonight, I can let you wear one of the pieces I made just for fun."

I frowned, letting my arms fall to my sides. " But I don't want to mess it up, plus I know how hard you work on the dresses you make."

Nneka waves me off, " Girl please, you would be doing me a favor. And to wear it on such a special day like tomorrow? Of course I want you to wear it,"

I smile softly, balancing myself on one leg as I tugged on the sweats I had on. " Really? Are you sure?"

She laughs, hooking my arm with hers as we walk out of the store together. " Duh! just give me some credit for it if someone asks who made the piece."

I sigh in relief as soon as we walk out of the stuffy mall and into the chilled crisp air of Toronto. " Thank you Nene, seriously. I really owe you,"