𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Now playing

Now playing..
Hold On, by The Internet
...
HARLEM, NEW YORK

" MEDJINE! GLAD YOU COULD FINALLY MAKE IT! Ain't even finna hold you I was bout to bust a cap in that mothafuckas ass real quick," A loud voice greeted us as soon as we've entered inside the building.

Medjine laughs, dapping up the man who wore a black suit and black Jordan's to match. " I told you we were coming, Djanm!"

I quirked my brows, looking up Djanm as their laughter echoed through the room. He was at least six feet four, with a clean buzz cut and freshly shaped up beard to match.

" Selah!"

I tear my eyes away from Djanm and snap my neck towards Medjine. She gestures for me to walk closer, a smile bright on her lips. " This is Djanm,"

Djanm whistled lowly as he gave me a once over, " So this is Selah,"

I waved shyly, balancing myself on one heel. " Yeah, it's nice to finally meet you,"

He walks closer, but keeps a good distance between us as he held my hand and shook it. " The pleasure is all mine, forreal. I appreciate you fa travelin all the way to Harlem,"

I nod my head with a smile, " Of course, I'm honored to be here."

" Well I'm glad you hea cus I want to show you what we got goin on fa you," He told, gesturing for me to follow behind him.

I look over at Medjine, and she nods as if understanding what I was going to say. I follow behind Djanm into the opened space that had its cream colored double doors at opposites ends.

My heels clinked anxiously against the hardwood floors as we walked throughout the area, soft music playing in the background while bodies coming from the lounging/ bar area and entertainment center came from. This building - on the outside - looked as if it was just another small space that could only fit about twenty people, but it was way larger than meets the eye.

Medjine points the blank white walls that we passed, slowly coming to a halt. " We left these walls untouched because this will be where the guests are mingling with each other, and where the live music will be set up as well."

I hummed, " Mhmm, that makes sense. The guests will come inside the entrance and be able to get some drinks or something, right?"

" Exactly, and we also wanted to give the guests to slowly work their way around the gallery and be greeted with your art instead of having the art displayed in front of their faces, if that makes sense. It basically just gives it more of an appeal," Medjine explains, gesturing with her hands as she usually did out of habit.