𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

Now playing

Now playing..
The Night Me and Your Mama Met, by Childish Gambino
...
HARLEM, NEW YORK

" GIRL YOU ATE THIS SHIT UP! Like forreal, like the vibes you got goin on in dis room is just sum I needed," Teyana Taylor beams, looking over to her husband who nodded in agreement.

The night was young, the vibes were nothing but positive energy flowing, and the music in the background was just the icing on the cake.

As expected, it was a full house. Bodies of individuals - both famous and non-famous, entered inside the building with curiosity in their eyes. It was an honorable experience, and to know that these people came all this way from different states just to see my work is just amazing.

So far, I got to meet Angels Bassett, Kehlani, Chris Brown, ASAP Rocky, Tyler the Creator, Denzel Washington, Dave East, and now Teyana Taylor.

I clasp my hands together, " Thank you so much, that means a lot to me. I was honestly so nervous about all of this coming together."

She nods, adjusting the crop top that she wore with her baggy cargo pants and heels. " Nah I feel you, I always get like that whenever I'm like workin on new projects and whatnot."

I laugh breathlessly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as I glance around the room. " Yeah, it's always so nerve racking when you've got an idea but don't know how to execute it."

She chuckles, her empty hand suddenly snatching off a glass of wine from the waiters tray. " No forreal, swear I be shitting bricks whenever I work on sum new. But it's like that feelin of finally getting it done is sum real, you know?"

I nod in agreement, adjusting my grip on my clutch. " Yeah, I felt that same way when I finished my last art piece. It was honestly kind of bittersweet,"

" Which one?" She inquired, tilting her head to the side. " Honestly all of them so beautifully done I can't really tell which one was the last,"

I gestured towards rhe art behind us, " It was titled flower child, the one at the very end of the room,"

Teyana hums, taking a sip of her drink. " Mm. Well first off, that's like my favorite fuckin piece so far,"

I smile, " Thank you,"

" And secondly," she begins, throwing down her alcohol and handing the empty glass to her husband, who took the glass anyway with the shake of his head. " I want you to make a piece fa me."

my eyes widened, my jaw falling slack. " What- Really?"

Teyana smacks her lips playfully, " Girl obviously! Yo shit is dope,"