4- Arjun

I stand still looking at the person in front of me.

A sense of shiver passes down my spine as I look at those pair of eyes.

I am nervous right now.

I can feel my heartbeat at all parts of my body.

Its just an eye contact for a mere second but it had a great impact on me.

I turn my head towards Rahul who says, "Anjali meet Arjun."and I can still feel his eyes on me.

"Hi Arjun", Anjali says looking at me and he looks at her while I look at the floor.

This girl has never left an opportunity.

Now all I feel is awkwardness. Only pure awkwardness.

I don't know what he is feeling. Maybe I shouldn't have turned my head like that. Does he think I still have feelings for him. No. That can't be the thing.

I don't know what to do.

I basically kept looking at the floor until Rahul finished introducing his friends.

Nidhi kept asking me," Are you okay" like four to five times.

But I couldn't bring myself up to answer her. I know she was worried.

I never behaved like this ever before.

Everyone around us were talking to each other. I slowly lift my head to look at Arjun to find him already looking at me.

I don't know why but I awkwardly broke the eye contact with slight discomfort.

And walked away.

Anjali came running behind me," You should talk to him Sakshi."

I just look at her with teary eyes and say  "Why is he here Anjali?"

"My sunshine shouldn't have tears in her eyes. She must brighten the night with her presence. Come adorn a smile and greet him."

"What? I should greet him? You better be joking." I turn my face.

"See I already met him before today. He came to meet me yesterday. "

I look at her with curiosity, "But I didn't meet him yesterday, when did he come?"

"He was supposed to meet you before today at various places but like you he didn't have the courage. Now come." She said hoping to convince me.

I opened my mouth to deny her but she pulled me where they were. I looked behind me only to see Nidhi.

I motion her to come with us.

Over there I see a girl standing next to him.

Okay he has a girlfriend I don't need to fear about anything now.

But look at me. Didn't I have time for a relationship all these years? I did! But guess what I put down all the proposals.
I never regretted this but I do today.

I regret it very much today seeing a girl standing next to him near the window.

Anjali clears her throat. And I squeeze Nidhi's hand. There is a reason guys. If I would have squeezed Anjali's hand two things would have happened.

One, she wasn't in any mood to console me so would have jerked away embarrassing me in front of him. Ofcourse why would she hold my hand when her love was in front of her.

Two, even if she would have not said anything and let it be Rahul would have made good drama. I didn't have any courage to reply him tonight, especially in his presence.

See I don't even have the right to hold my sister's hand after she got a finance.

Arjun looked at me with his magnificent pair of eyes which I always craved to see.

I lost myself in them for a while.

Anjali whispered," Talk."

I look at her not knowing what to talk to him after years and how to approach.

Rahul says, "Usually Sakshi talks a lot but today I don't know why she is behaving indistinct."

I awkwardly smile and greet the girl standing next to him.

"Hiii, I am Sakshi."

She replied so confidently, I wish I was this confident at the moment,"Hii Sakshi, Hrudya here."

I ignore him and talk to everyone.

I can see him looking at me sometimes from the corner of my eyes.

Rahul said, "You know Anjali Arjun works at big firm in Bengaluru. He just returned for my wedding day before yesterday."

Arjun said, "Look someone is talking as if that person did not threaten me a murder."

Ahhh his voice. How much did I miss them.

All laugh except me. Nidhi looks at me confused." You better tell me what is happening."

I nod. I get a call so I excuse myself and move out that place. Relief.

It was my HOD. She was informing about the opportunities in Bengaluru. What a timing.

I was about to tell her I cancelled my plans of going to Bengaluru but seeing that person standing next to me my heartbeat skyrocketed.

"Are you ignoring me?" He asked with his atmost sincerity.
___________________________________________

That's it for the day. Thank you for giving this book a try. I am so grateful.☺️

Please vote if your find my efforts worth your time. But not pressuring though. Have fun!😌

And this book will for sure have some South Indian essence.

We have seen a lot of novels based in North India so I just wanted mine to be a little different.😁

Thank you guys. Have a nice day you all.

Until next update, Goodbye and take care. Lots of love and positive energy.💖