9- The Glance

How many more?", I asked my sister. It was already the fifth bag I was loading in the trunk.

"Last one.", she said, handing me her final bag.
"What do you have in all these?"I asked, narrowing my eyes at her. She rolled her eyes at me sitting in the taxi.

It takes almost 3 hours to reach the airport. I am used to this traffic but Rahul was mumbling and cursing throughout. I barely cared while Hrudya was giggling at all the nonsense he spoke. This is the reason they call me grumpy.

But I can't help it. It isn't any of my fault.

It was evening when we reached Rahul's home. Quite a big one. Ancestral inheritance.

My parents should be coming for the wedding.
And there are two weeks for it to go.

Hrudya wanted to meet some of her friends and wanted to take part in all of the wedding festivities, which is crazy to me for some reason.

I have no idea why she is so desperate. I wouldn't have come if I wasn't going to see Sakshu. I don't want Rahul to know this. He'll feel bad. As if I care but Anjali will feel bad. If Anjali feels bad Sakshu will feel bad. And that's something to my concern.

So I ain't telling this to that bastard or if it was otherwise I would have said it on his face. Whatever I do I double check whether it would affect Sakshu in any way.

For tomorrow Rahul has planned a prank with Sakshu which is to be played on Anjali.

Then a lunch date. I'll be meeting Sakshi there.
Okay got to build some courage.

Next day.

We were standing in his garage and then he called Anjali. Sakshu answered which made my heart flutter. She was basically roasting Rahul.

This girl is perfect at all these.

I take a long breath and do as instructed by my boss Rahul for the time being to the bang on his car and then he would abruptly cut the call.

Good. We did it.

Man this is crazy I wonder how panicked Anjali would be right now.

We then rushed to the restaurant to make sure whether everything was all set for their arrival.

They arrived after a few hours.

Rahul and I were hiding in the staff room.

We took some time to admire our girls.

They way her eyes shrunk when she smiles.
Her open hair. The same young Shakshi grew up to be more beautiful.

Her small fingers which she was insecure of have grown into long ones.

She may have grown just an inch.

She turned towards the door probably expecting Rahul and- her hair flipped when she turned.

I am dead. There is so much beauty I can't handle in one day.

She must stop keeping her hair open.

Man, I want to go hug her.

She is fantastic.

Rahul patted my arms motioning me to follow him. But I shook my head.

A knot formed between his eyebrows.

"I can't ", I breathe out.

He still gives me a questioning look.

"I can't meet her, you go.", I whispered to him, pushing him out.

Kuch kuch hota hai started playing. Damn

I stood there looking at the show.

I notice Sakshi quietly taking Anjali's bouquet and clicking a picture I guess.

Cute.

After some time she quickly stood up and bid them a goodbye leaving the restaurant. But why did she leave?

After sometime Rahul called me and asked me to come join them for lunch. I confirmed twice whether Sakshi would return or not.

I don't trust this guy but definitely Anjali wouldn't lie to me.

I ordered some tasty food. Anjali then asked me why I was hiding.

I had to tell her that I was so nervous to meet her sister and that she was breathtakingly beautiful even after so many years.

Ofcourse pure souls are forever beautiful.

She told me I have to meet Sakshi in the mehndi. I could feel heat forming on my cheeks and neck.

I asked her about Sakshi, her education and how she is doing in life. Anjali gladly told me.

She then got me to promise her that I'll talk to Sakshi and sort things out as soon as possible.

Anjali was in all praises of Sakshu's grades when someone scoffed.

Bloody annoying fucker.

"Tell her Anju that she also knows to disrespect me. Her only brother-in-law.", Rahul spoke so highly of himself putting My Sakshu low. It didn't go well with me. I glared at him and Anjali said, "Sakshi before leaving referred to him as a girl."

He then mimicked her and we both laughed so hard. Rahul dropped me at his home and went on a driving date with his Anju.

I have no idea where.

I checked some emails and pinged my assistant asking for progress.

Even though I am here on leave that doesn't mean I can be unaware of all that's happening in my office.
___________________________________________

Its indeed a very small chapter. I am sorry. But the next one will for sure be a very long one.

That's it for the day. Thank you for giving this book a try. I am so grateful.☺️

Please vote if your find my efforts worth your time. Have fun!😌

And this book will for sure have some South Indian essence.

We have seen a lot of novels based in North India so I just wanted mine to be a little different.😁

Thank you guys. Have a nice day you all.

Until next update, Goodbye and take care. Lots of love and positive energy.💖