3- The Mehndi ceremony

I was unpacking my dress which I bought from the designer today for the mehndi.

I got a call. Why was this person calling me?

I didn't want to pick it but couldn't ignore.

"Heyy I need your help.", She says.
Nidhi. My bestfriend.

"Atleast you remember me when you need help!", I sarcastically say.

"Heyy you know I didn't do it on purpose." Her voice goes dull.

"What do you want?",I ask coldly.

"I can't match jwellery", she cheekily replies.

I video call her and we figure our OOTD for the evening.

I even tell her about Rahul's surprise and the way I annoyed him.

"Ahh haan so you enjoyed, I thought you didn't like their company." She pulled my leg. I couldn't resist and said, "I don't! They were too cringey and touchy with each other. I got a photo of the bouquet to send you though. Check your WhatsApp." I send her the picture.

I hear a gasp. "I wish my guy does stuff like this for me too."

"You need to have a guy for that Nidhiyaa." We continue our silly talks.

Yes! I call her Nidhiyaa. We meet in college. We do the same course. She will be coming to Anjali's mehndi and following events.

We invited her because she has always been close with our family. Like our family.

Anjali does have very close friends but not someone she can say family.

I talk to all of Anjali's friends. I know all their secrets. Some even Anjali doesn't know.

Coming back to Nidhi. My first impression on her wasn't that good. I saw her hitting one of our senior guy.

Then after a while we all got to know he was a jerk. So can't blame her.

But we didn't become friends on that.

We worked together in a project and our team leader so was useless. She wasn't doing any work nor coordinating properly. That's when we both mended our ways and did most of the work together.

That way we both visited each other's houses a couple of times.

Slowly we started getting along too well.
Ate lunch together most of the time. And drove home together.

She lives just few apartments far.

She has been a great companion since then. I just love that girl too much now.

We cant resist sharing everyday stuff.

But what she did few days back was not helping me. I broke. I cried. She ditched me.

She went to cinema with one of our batchmates without informing me.

This was the first time she did something like this.

She going to cinema with a random person isn't the issue she didn't inform be before going is the issue.

I told amma. Basically after Nidhi there is someone I tell my usuals then its amma. She is great but grumpy.

She told me I should stop expecting and start accepting. Okay that was rhyming.

"I am going to put that on a tshirt" I say her while laughing and waving off my thoughts as we sat in kitchen and spoke about our day.

"So I did find a guy" she said. My heart stopped. What? Did I hear her right?

"Remember Dexter? He texted me this morning."