11- A Mere Act

She looks at me and I feel as if the whole world in front of me has blurred out. All my eyes saw was her.

I want to talk to her. In Fact just go wrap my arms around her and apologize. Cry for everything I did like a kid who cries to his mumma. And feel her presence.

Rahul's words brought me out of my thoughts as he went on with his usual blabber, "Usually Sakshi talks a lot now I don't know why she is behaving indistinct."

This had a huge impact on her as she approached me. Nope. My sister.

SHE FUCKING IGNORED ME.

"Hii, I am Sakshi." She said to Hrudya. Her voice not bold like always.

My sister being her replied nonchalantly as if anything happening around her doesn't bother her "Hi Sakshi, Hrudya here."

They way her eyes rolled and she leans over my shoulder looking at Sakshi.

This surely annoyed the girl behind Sakshi who was side eyeing my sister.

But what catches my concern is Sakshi's face paled out.

I whispered to my sister, "Behave." A bit unnecessarily cold.

Sakshi got involved talking to Advit and Neha. Dhruv asked, "May I go join the fun? I'll for sure recite you the conversation."

I nodded at him. I don't care what they speak. Maybe I care a bit.

I just want to speak to her.

Then came the irrelevant drama. Rahul said, "You know Anjali Arjun works at a big firm in Bengaluru. He just returned for my wedding the day before yesterday."

I didn't wish to lose the opportunity of exposing him so I teased further saying, "Look someone is talking as if that person did not threaten me a murder."

Everyone laughed and from the corner of my eye I glanced at Sakshi's duly paled out face.

She is trying so hard not to cry. This will make me cry.

She gets a call and excuses herself from the crowd and jogs away. Anjali nods at me and Rahul pats my back as if they are indicating me to 'grab the chance'.

I noticed Hrudya noticing us. Fuck.

I go to her. Where I belong. I went and stood next to her. With all that I had I controlled my emotions and asked her, "Are you ignoring me?"

She blinked at me and was about to utter something just then-

"Good evening everyone." an announcement was given by one of Anjali's friends.

"This evening on the gracious occasion of the mehndi ceremony of our beloved Anjali and Rahul we delightfully welcome you all. We would like all of you to do the countdown with us and commence the following events. It goes like THREE TWO ONE and tadadahhhhh...."

A video of Anjali and Rahul's journey as a couple was played on the projector and all were in awe. Many pictures of Sakshi with them were played.

I stood looking at my girl beside me who was gaping at the video as if she achieved something. Ahh my heart.

This was a very last minute plan by someone. It caused a lot of hustle but until Sakshu is happy I am fucking okay with it.

It was said to be a surprise for both Anjali and Rahul so I looked at them for their reaction. Both sat clinging to each other teary eyed.

Everyone started cheering and so did I.

Sakshi then side eyed me which made me a bit confused. I looked at her for an explanation and all I got was ignorance with indifference.

I then turned around to look at her gathering all the courage to say, "Hi Sakshi".

Finally, Fucking finally I uttered it.

After 8 damn long years I called her Sakshu.

It was too long that we had our stern gaze on each other and at a point I couldn't bear it. I cleared my throat and she jumped a bit. Such a small jump it was. A cute one.

And my much awaited surprise for her plays.

Hi", she says it so bluntly. I felt my world upside down and all the grass of spring drying.

"So how is life?", I got this dumb idea of extending the conversation but clearing knowing she was awkward and didn't want to talk to me.

"Better", she said swallowing her voice. Sakshu it's hurting. Please talk to me.

How much ever I know that I have to earn her it still hurts me that she has lost hope.

And the sole reason is me.

Give me all the credits for this shity act.

"Heyy, can I get your number?", I asked so meekly. I knew she melted there. I just wanted to see if that's still the same. And yes it is.

Her brows formed a tension. And she zoned out looking at me.

"Do you still hate drawing?" , she asked me even though there were 1000 other things that she could ask me.

I was taken aback and all our memories of me begging her to draw my diagrams flashed in front of me.

I smiled and nodded at her. Who wouldn't hate it when there is someone who would like it if you hate it.

I knew she loved the fact that she could draw for me so I dilebrately would give her my drawing work to see her grin.

Her dimples would flash, making me want to squeeze them.

She then put her head down and walked towards my left. Crossing me.

A chuckle left me and I joined my friends.

....

After a while

....

There was so much nonsense and roasting taking place and my sister was missing.

I needed to stop baby sitting her just like my mom said. She can take care of herself.

My eyes landed on the place where Sakshi was talking to Siddharth. Unable to resist what was happening I went there.

Because he was drunk.

It was bothering me that Sakshi was concerned about him by the look on her face.

I go stand behind her glaring st Siddharth to stop. The proximity made my heart jump and I felt the lack of oxygen to inhale. All I inhaled was her fragrance.

Just like her soft but bold which spreads happiness.

Her body stiffened as she saw me.

"Who is fake?" I narrowed my eyes at him and went to play the video which was yet to be. I even scolded him for delaying him and he went all to his Devdas era again.

It first starts with Anjali and Rahul giving a thank you speech to her. With some of the pictures I had with me all these years.

Hahhhh how is my idea? I self patted myself in my mind and made a mental note to get the credits.

Then a recorded video of mine is played and I walked up to stand next to her. She stood astonished with a glint of surprise and happiness. It was so nostalgic for all of us to see pictures of our school days.

Her eyes said that she did not forget anything.
___________________________________________

That's it for the day. I am so grateful you read this chapter.☺️

Please vote if your find my efforts worth your time. Have fun!😌

I hope your having fun reading this book and if you want me to add something specific or change something. You can dm me in Instagram.

Thank you guys. Have a nice day you all.

Until next update, Goodbye and take care. Lots of love and positive energy.💖