The false bravado that had barely appeared diminished again at the sight of Cale's sinister smile and his joyful hum. It was terrifying and TCF!Zed who hadn’t even been afraid of TCF!Ron Molan even after hearing about what and who he was, suddenly felt his hair stand on ends and chills run down his spine. Inwardly he cursed and regretted every time he had crossed Cale and tried to act superior to him when they'd met and had their private meeting in the past – after the war.

TBOAH!Zed eyed his counterpart from across the room, his gaze demanding to know if TCF!Zed had really allowed such a crazy person to run around unchecked while he had still been king. In reply TCF!Zed glanced around the hall, as if to tell his counterpart: Try touching him and see what they will do to you.
TBOAH!Zed decided it was best to believe his counterpart and sat back quietly, uncrossing his arms and hoping that TBOAH!Alberu wouldn’t continue his recklessness and pursue the grudge he had with his counterpart either.

<Chapter 321: Oh where oh where are you hiding? (4)>
Cale put down the gulping Cat Knight Sir Rex from his arms and started to walk. Cale walked down the dark entrance into the underground with only the sound of his steps being heard around him.

TCF!Rex shivered and shook his head.
“In my defence… Commander Cale was quite scary back then…” he tried to explain himself.
“Don't worry… I believe you.” TCF!Rei reassured his king.

However TBOAH!Rex and TBOAH!Rei were still feeling skeptical, after all seeing him attack Adin was one thing, but something told them that an arbitrary line had been crossed and now Cale Henituse would be acting very differently compared to what they had all seen so far. For this reason they were being especially attentive to the records.

The Palantír showed the torches that lit that dark path at regular intervals as well as the water drops that were the only thing to be heard in this area. Those droplets were falling from the ceiling which looked as rough as a cave. At the bottom of the stairs they arrived at a long straight path – a path wide enough for a carriage to travel through.

This sight was enough to convince a few more people that the secret passage was real. TBOAH!Rex was beginning to have a very difficult time as the thought that if he had known sooner – then maybe his siblings could have used this path to escape too. The regrets began to pile up in his mind and remorse and guilt tightened like heavy stones within TBOAH!Rei's chest as well.

Choi Han was in the front of the group looking around. He started to frown. He could smell the scent of death. Corpses. It was a terrible smell that he wished he did not know. It was the smell that he had smelled too many times in the Forest of Darkness and in Harris Village. His gaze started to turn cold.

TBOAH!Choi Han had smelled that scent far more often than his counterpart and thus did not need to rely on the faint and distant memories of the Forest of Darkness and Harris Village to provide his senses with what kind of scent his counterpart was picking up in there. The others around him were also familiar with the scent because of the battles they had dragged themselves out of. It was a nauseating scent, and it invoked a vivid recollection of memories which would have been better of forgotten. 

– …Human, this smell-
Raon stopped before telling Cale what it was. He tightly clenched his chubby front paws while his round face started to frown.

Sherritt’s heart ached because she knew that her son was familiar with this scent too – because he had also almost become a part of it. She looked toward the TBOAH!Black Dragon who was currently curled up in TBOAH!Eruhaben's lap and swallowed thickly.

Sherritt was bereft that this (the TBOAH!Black Dragon) son of hers had been unfortunate and had died long ago. Cale moved in the front row, raising his hand and lightly petting Raon's head that was resting on the crown on his own as Raon lounged out and watched the Palantír and the Goddess intermittently. The heartache Sherritt was feeling eased a little with the reminder that Raon was still alive, he was strong and healthy and safe. She was immediately grateful for the reminder.