VIII) The Unexpected

Start from the beginning

"Are you saying that we, a bunch of kids, are the bad guys?"

She turned to face Luke, "What's going on?"

"Don't trust him!" He yelled in frustration.

"Luke, give it up, you've lost."

"No- Annie, you can't trust him him!" His eyes turned wide once more.

"But-"

"Annie-"

"I don't know, he seems genuine" She said backing away from Luke, but he grabbed her arm.

She swiftly elbowed him in the gut then judo flipped him. "Don't touch me, you lied." She said sadly, looking down at him.

"Let's go." She said while Luke cried out desperately for her.

As she got closer and closer she looked confused once again. "Who are you?" She asked us.
"What? You don't know me?" I said.
She shook her head.
"Then why did you trust me?"
"I- I don't know, you're body language?"
"But aren't you Annabeth?"
"Yes?"
"Then how do you now know me?"
"I-"
"You don't know." I finished for her, she nodded. "Ok, we gotta get back to the others."

Annabeth talked about how Luke had lied to her, "When I came here, maybe a weak ago, I didn't know what was going on, I woke up in the cave, Luke standing next to me, he told me that we were on a different earth? I don't know, he sounds crazy to me." She said.

"Hey, it's ok, I once trusted him too." I said, looking down as I recall that night.

"I- I don't understand what's going on, I woke up and didn't know anything except my own name." She said approaching the end of the tunnel.

We walked to where it wasn't so dark anymore, to see Percy's group.

POV PERCY

I walked back talking to Leo, he still seemed really shaken up and guilty.

"Hey, it's really fine, I've faced much worse." I reassured him.

"That doesn't make it ok."

"You didn't have control, it wasn't your fault."

"I know, I just-"

"Hey, I'm fine, we're fine." I said patting his shoulder.

"Percy.."

"Oh good you're here.." I said while turning around.

"Annabeth?"

I ran up to her and hugged her so tightly. I didn't want to lose her again.

"I missed you." I said kissing her.

I heard Piper squeal in the background, classic Piper.

I couldn't help but grin against those soft lips.

We didn't kiss for long because she punched me.

I pulled away confused.

"What was that for?" Then she judo flipped me, classic Annie.

"Who are you?" She asked and that surprised me more than her flipping me.

"What are you talking about," I asked her then turned to Peter, "What is she talking about," I turned back to her, "Annie it's me, Percy, you're fiancée."

I turned to Annabeth and Peter's direction, their eyes were wide, and when I say wide I mean WIDE.

They looked at us in shock, I mean when I said we dated what did they think I meant.

Let's just say, there was no more bickering from them, hell, they wouldn't be caught dead looking, let alone standing next to each other.

"Fiancée?" She asked confused.

That confused me even more, "This is a joke right, I mean how are you even here?"

"Luke he-" Peter started

"Luke?! What's did that bitch do? Did he hurt you?" I asked checking her for injuries.

"No I'm fine but-" she said walking backwards slowly, that hurt me so badly, she didn't know who I was.

"I think he did something, she doesn't remember you or anyone, all she knows is her own name."

"What?!" I asked.

"Yeah, he left after trying to convince her that I'm the bad guy." Peter said looking down but I could see the fire in his eyes, he was angry.

That son of a bitch, no offence to Hermes but this dude needs to deal with his daddy issues without hurting others. He took Annabeth, MY Annabeth! He's not gonna take anyone ever again, not Selina, not Beckendorf, not Ethan. He won't hurt anyone ever again.