No Answers, No Leads.

you slowly and cautiously moved down the incline towards the dead body.

the closer you got, the more you noticed the lack of skin on the body.

when you fully moved down the incline and kneeled down to it, did you sigh in annoyance.

'great. just a skeleton. it's been here a while then. makes sense considering reincarnation and all.' you investigated the body, but all you found was a blood stain on the clothing.

'too large to be a gunshot.' you noted the clothing was teared slightly, as if something had pierced it sharply. ' a knife perhaps? it's the most plausible weapon.'

you sighed.

'i should at least bury him, but with what?'

you noticed a shovel not even behind the tree infront of you.

"that's awfully convenient."

you noticed the man's doctor's id was still on his person, and you nabbed it from the carcass.

'he was a doctor at this hospital? makes sense.'

now that you thought about it, you remember a conversation with Ai.

she talked about a doctor that was meant to help her with giving birth, but the doctor never showed, even though he said himself he would be there.

and you now understand why.

'can't help her when you die and then became her child can you huh?' you thought, walking over to the shovel and picking it up.

as you picked up the shovel, your entire body froze.

'what is this feeling?'

your entire body had stopped functioning.

you could already tell Ai was distraught, even from nowhere near her.

after inspecting the corpse one more time, you made the man a small grave and buried him into it.

you rested the shovel on your shoulder.

'i have the feeling im going to need this.'

you turned away and walked off, making your way back up the incline and over to your transport.

------

shovel in hand, you walked through the front door.

your eyes narrowed when you noticed your mum in gear, placing a small handgun in a concealed are

"what happened." you asked, alerting her to your presence.

she looked at you.

she was pissed.

now you too were also pissed.

why?

well, you got the gist of it through her gaze.

an unspoken small explanation

"give me 2 minutes. i'm coming with."

you dropped the shovel onto the floor, cracking your knuckles and walking past her.

you knocked onto your room, yet waited outside for a few seconds.

"Ai."

the door opened, and a pair of hands grabbed your collar and pulled you into the room.

you could tell she had been crying.

however, when she looked up at you with cold, empty eyes did you lightly embrace her.