Prologue.

today was what one could call destiny. two strangers bound by a red string of fate finally meet after a long 19 years of complete unknowing of one's existence. well, partially anyway.

Ai Hoshino, the one that shines brighter than the sun itself, topped off with cuteness and devotion to her dreams that no-one could possibly quell, even if they tried until the ends of time.

(Y/n) (N/n),  the one who doesn't shine at all, but is perfectly fine with reflecting the sun's light. and is comfortable with what he has now, having little to nothing in terms of dreams and aspirations.

none of them know that the Moon and the Sun were their direct link to each other, even the stars themselves were trying their hardest to get the both of you to meet. they twinkled brightly when the both of you were close to meeting, and it was also a common occurrence for the both of you to be within a few minutes of each other but never meet.

the stars, Moon and Sun all cried out in anguish when you didn't see each other for those 19 years. and the Sun was not shy from punishing the two of you, often scorching the both of you with it's heat, only to be told off by the moon which graced you with the cold during the night. two of the stars at night shined brightly over the both of your locations, as if trying to lead you towards each other during the night.

its a common misconception that the moon is worthless. it holds no actual value to day to day life apart from signifying the start of night, although the sun already makes that known through its departure, so people like to think that there is no reason for the moon to exist.

and it's also known that night brings out the criminals. and they are illuminated under the moon's watch, as if encouraging them to do their deed under its watchful eye, often being known as the 'cursed sun'.

but noone knew just how far off they were. the Sun and the stars were well aware of everyone's viewpoints, and just like the Sun did to you and Ai, it often providing scorching hot weather that the populace were glad for the moon to emerge later on in the day.

noone understands that even at night, the sun still shines down upon them thanks to the moon. it might not make it's own light, but it helps the Sun extend it's reach even when out of sight. if it could, the Sun would hug it gently. although the Moon settles on absorbing the sun's rays, sometimes even blocking out the Earth indirectly.

everyone calls that an 'Eclipse' though.

and noone understands that the Moon and the Sun are each other's best friend either, and both of them share each other's cons and pros, creating the best possible duo and partnership in the universe.

without the Moon, the Sun wouldn't seem as bright. quite frankly? they both need each other. together, they complete one another. the sun needs the moon to look after the citizens of the night. and the moon needs the sun to shine upon it so it could even keep an eye on the earth. they work in tandem.

although this time, the sun was without a moon. but that moon was about to appear out of nowhere in order to complete the lonely Sun without those beautiful stars and it's other half.

-----

you had a 'special ability' of sorts. somehow, you were able to see through lies of any kind. be it text, fiction, television or general conversations. you could detect lies like it was second nature for you. and it didn't matter who it was, noone was safe from your lie detection.

which means you knew a lot of secrets about people, big or small. some were not bad secrets, some where bad secrets that you exposed anomalously if need be.

but there was one person who's secret directly held their career on the line. and that was Ai Hoshino, the 19 year old idol who has been expanding her reach into things such as acting.