Family Ties.

you guys know that oshi no ko shares a universe with another anime right?

if you know it, comment it.

i wanna see how many people know.... (it is manga spoilers by the way- this chapter included)

you were on your way to where your parents were.

you had been told by your little sister that they requested your presence.

you knocked on the door and waited patiently.

"enter."

you opened the door, walking inside the room before closing it.

you sat down at a chair opposite your father.

"where's mother?"

"she's busy right now."

"alright. what do you need from me?"

"the main family has asked for you."

you sat up slightly, your attention for the conversation now heightened tenfold.

"for what?"

"we don't know exactly. all we know was that lady Kaguya has asked for you."

you nodded your head.

"your transport is already prepared."

"then i shall leave now."

you stood up and left the room, making your way towards the front-door.

you had passed your little sister and told her that you had to go for a while.

she seemed slightly upset, but gave you a smile none the less and waved you out of the door.

a black car was parked outside and you got inside, putting the seat-belt on and looking out the window as the car began moving.

the car ride was silent, and you opted to go on your phone.

coincidentally, you got a message from Ai when you did.

she had just asked what you were doing for today, and you replied with telling her that you have been asked to meet with the main family.

she was understandably confused until you explained.

you see, your family was a 'branch' family. and your entire family's purpose is to be a family that handles any dirty work as to not tarnish the main family's reputation.

such as murder of rival companies CEO's.

although the main family does allow you to have your own freedom, and your family's service has been unused for a good few years due to the  main family being able to handle situations without the help of your family recently.

so you wondered why lady Kaguya has requested you specifically.

when you got a reply, it was clear she was slightly upset, judging by the ellipsis, over hearing how you were practically 'second-rate' within the family line.

you yourself didn't really mind as it was what you were raised with since you were a child.

you knew your place within the family tree.

if anything, it was actually encouraged to grow a bit of a lip, especially your family in particular.

all of that would be because your family worked within the shadows in order to keep the main family secure, so your family always had high influence in what missions go and don't go, as sometimes your family was given unnecessary missions that your family had argued was unneeded so it was revoked.