What Could Have Been Is A Fleeting Memory. (Side Chapter....? AU.)

you walked into your home, your emotionless and dead eyes being the only dead thing in the room.

it was time.

your last vendetta.

on your wall, a large board lay, pictures of people and places lingered on the board. string attached to red tac's stabbed into the board, or, more specifically, into pictures.

in your hand, lingered a serrated knife one caused for pure suffering.

you were close, you could just feel it.

as you stared at the board, ripped pictures caused by a sharp object slowly fell to the floor after finally having enough of staying hung up like a corpse, just as their real self.

one picture remained.

 walking up to it, you bored into the picture of the man.

for a singular moment, your fists balled and you grit your teeth, a large scorn on your face.

for the very first time, you let the emotion known as 'anger' take hold.

"Kamiki..i'm going to fucking kill you...." the knife stabbed into the picture, slowly ripping it in half as it glided down. "slowly...so very....agonizingly slow..."

you stepped away, the picture falling off the board. you stared down at it with pure contempt.

this was, by far, the most emotion you've experienced.

and you had good fuckin' reason.

all it took was a single day, a single moment, a single second to remove the one thing in your life that made you feel something, anything to be exact.

and life had not been so kind to it.

how long had it been? it had to have been at least 3 weeks, no longer than 2 months at maximum.

since the death of Ai Hoshino. 

every since that day, the sun hasn't shined as brightly anymore.

you noticed it effectively immediately.

however, the moon was a different story.

the moon shined like never before, a subtle crimson hue to it as it burned with conviction. with devotion.

ever since that day, ever since the millisecond you learned this information, you've devoted every waking moment to this cause.

you neglected the house, you neglected everything all in favour of this.

"best part is...i've found you." you spoke through gritted teeth, your foot stomping onto the shredded picture. "tonight....you perish."

you turned away from the board, looking around the neglected room.

your desk, which hasn't seen any action within the weeks, housed a closed book and a pen stood ontop it. 

your computer was on, the screen glowing onto the large amount of tabs open for your browser, all of them going over Ai's death.

every...single...one of them.

how long had it been since you had even touched that computer?

it doesn't matter.

you have a goal, a job to do.

a vendetta to fulfil.

a man to murder.

and you'll be damned if you fail.

you moved over to where all of your guns were located.

a shotgun, a assault rifle and a pistol.