Chapter.10. Trust

No do me watin u know say if I do u,e go pain u. (UNKNOWN)

.....................

Anger. If it was given an opportunity to be anything else,it should request to be a shade. If it should pick a color I think black with red shadow best describes it.

If I thought I was angry,then I should think again, cos the man Infront of me dressed in full army regalia, dominating the whole room with his powerful aura, is a walking, breathing definition of anger. Anger so cruel, it forms a cloud of aurora above our head, threatening to rain hell on us.

I shook a little bit, not in fear but in shock as the words slips through his plum lips.

A sigh escape my lips without my knowledge,dark eyes full with nothing but intoxicated anger landed on me, threaten to possess my demons and hunt me every given seconds.

Fear grip me as the anger in his eyes took a deeper shade, coiling his hand into fist to contain it. His eyes snap off me back to it's original position.
Grandpa.

My head spin in confusion, as it all felt like it never was on me.

"A deal is a deal". The decorated General snapped throwing glares at no one but my grandfather who didn't even move an inch from his position.

"I'm aware of our deal" My grandfather responded, taking a deliberate slurp of his scotch.

"Don't test my patience old man". Each word were punctuated with anger.

Another slurp,then a loud sound of glass hitting the table tickle my ears,as I kept my eyes trained on the General himself,a man that contradicts the one who brought me here.

This was a General in his full dominating glory, staring without fear or remorse at grandpa.

The name he told me a contradiction to the man in front of me,he was anything but Safe.

"General, scotch?" The calm voice of grandpa made me shift my attention to him,as he now cradles the neck of the scotch bottle, tilting it in the air as an offering toward the brooding man,who didn't give him a response.

I could have sworn his anger doubled at Grandpa's words.

Grandpa shrug, pouring a glass of scotch in each glass taking his precious time and keeping us all in suspense.

I turn to Osage, the cookies gone, hoping he might have answers but the blank look he gave me,made me understand that we where in this together or so I thought.

"A deal was made and I delivered" grandpa set the bottle down, taking a pause to sip from his glass, he pulled it back eyeing the glass,like he was expecting to find out it's secret written on it.

His focus shifted to my hand,as his face contour into a smile,the first I've seen on him in a long time.

He waved for me to come over and I couldn't tell my legs not to.

With one good leg in front and the bad one at the back and a tray of cookies in both hand, I limped towards him, coming at a stop in front of him.

He pat the empty space beside him, asking for me to sit. I squinted my eyes at him, communicating my question to him.

What are you up to?.

His smile grew as he tapped the space beside him again. I could turn and go back to my sit but the curiosity burning in my chest wouldn't let me.

So instead I threw myself beside grandpa, making sure my bad foot won't cause me any discomfort.

My tired arms begged to be released of it duty,I gently drop the tray of cookies on the table, leaning back to get comfortable.

"No you didn't" Safe took gentle steps into the room hands folded behind him,shoulders in an upright position,his eyes never weaving away from gramps.

"I hate been deceived" he halted in front of grandpa bending low enough to send across his message.

Grampa smirk, rolling the coral beads round his neck with his index finger as he leans forward,close enough for Safe to hear him.

"And you weren't" Grandpa's respond seem to breeze through his anger.

"Then why are they still in operation" the general said his anger still very evident.

"And who says they are, General?" Grandpa questioned as his brow squeeze in irritation.

"The fucking head in a box that was sent to the base this morning" Safe's word was quiet but yet loud enough for everyone to hear each word leaving his lips.

One thing peeked my interest. A head in a box. Questions in my head double as each passing second made me realize that I didn't know any of these men.

"That doesn't explain shit" Osage who had been quiet and paying attention to everything in display finally spoke, standing to his feet.

"It doesn't explain their involvement,besides you saw how they all ended" Osage said sending a challenging look Safe's way.

A sinister smile grace Safe's face as he stares dagger at Osage.

He stood up straight with such grace he would put a model on a run way to shame,as he pocket his hands in his trouser.

"You and I both know that one person escaped and you both would tell me who?" Safe's said pointing between Osage and grandpa.

Dragging a cookie from the tray, I took a mouth full before flushing it down with my tea,as the movie in front if me got interesting.

"How on earth......" Osage anger was on the verge of exploding when grandpa intervened.

"Enough." The click of his stick told me he was getting ready to stand up.

"Why can't you trust my words?"Grandpa said.Each coral beads had its own unique song,as it soothe the temperature of the room.

Safe walks closer to Grandpa never for once taking his eyes off him. "Let's be clear,I trust no one". You could here the warning in every syllables.

"You don't come into my home General and make accusations without proof, I'll like you to know that I also don't accept your tone and disrespect in my house". It was evidence that Grandpa found Safe's attitude offending and disrespectful.

"Now let's go somewhere else and talk this out like matured men. Hmm" Oh no,there's no way this party is over before it even started.

"No one is going anywhere " after do long,I spoke. Feeling 3 pair of eyes on me.

His eyes pierced through my soul as each word slip from his mouth with malice. "Stop being a bratty princess for once"

..............
Please drop a comment or vote 😘.