WHERE ARE YOU CHARLIE? I WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE...FINALLY!

Jeff recognized his brother from a distance. He was sitting on a stool in front of the bar. He held in one hand a half-empty glass of who-knows-what and his head abandoned on the table.

-Charlie!- Jeff tried to shake him.

-Oh? Jeff?Jeff! ...good to see you, what are you doing here?-

-I came to get you, idiot!-

-Do you know him by any chance?- the bartender turned to Jeff.

-Yes...-

-Well, he hasn't paid for the past five drinks-

-Okay...do you accept the card?- Jeff replied annoyed, pulling out his credit card.

-We're leaving now, Charlie- Jeff tried to take him under his arm.

-No, let's stay a little longer...-he rebelled.

-Charlie, I don't feel like...-

THE RAIN BECOME STRONGER. HE DID NOT KNOW WHERE HE WAS GOING. HE TURNED AROUND. TWO MEN WERE CHASING AFTER THEM. SCREAMS. CONFUSION. PEOPLE RUNNING, PUSHING, FALLING. ABOVE THEIR HEADS THERE WAS THE LOGO OF THE CLUB THEY WERE NOW IN. THE TWO MEN...RED SHIRT ONE AND GREEN SHIRT THE OTHER...AN IMAGE OF A TATTOO...A SNAKE....

-Sir, are you all right?-Jeff was shaken by one of the waiters who had rushed in seeing him stagger and almost fall to the ground.

-Yes...yes, I'm fine...thank you...sorry- Jeff looked around. What did that mean? Whatever was going to happen, it wasn't long before it would happen there, he had to get out.

-Come on Charlie, make an effort and move!-

The two began to walk very slowly toward the exit.

"Sorry...sorry make way...thank you...excuse me...please..." Jeff made his way through the crowd taking his brother with him.

-Oh, sorry!- Jeff turned toward the man in front of him. In an attempt to avoid a waiter, he had run into him, spilling his drink.

-I'm sorry...- Jeff tried to apologize by trying to clean up his shirt...it didn't take long...red shirt...he looked at his face. On his neck was the same snake tattoo he had seen -Sorry...but...I have to go-

-No, wait!-he stopped him forcefully.

Frightened Jeff pushed him and knocked him backward into the crowd, then grabbed Charlie by the arm and dragged him away from the group of people who surrounded the man. He turned back to see if he was following him, when he saw the second man in the green shirt making his way toward him.

He was only a few feet from the door...someone started screaming, and shortly afterward fear took over everyone. A gunshot resounded in the club, a few moments of absolute silence, and then everything went to hell.

Jeff was pushed forward by dozens of people trying to get to safety and to the exit. He still managed to stay close to Charlie to pull him toward himself. After what seemed like years, finally the cold air and the rain he felt on the face made him realize he had made it to the outside.

-Come on, Charlie!!!! Come on, run!-Jeff grabbed him by the arm and started running toward the car.

The rain was so heavy, in front of him he could see nothing. People running and cars speeding toward the main road.

300 meters...

-Stop!!-

Hearing that voice, Jeff turned and behind him he could make out the two men from before.

-Charlie, faster!-

200 meters...

By now he was breathless...those men were no longer shouting but Jeff did not have the courage to turn around again, he was too afraid, he just had to get to the car.

After an eternity he arrived at the parking lot, managed to open it in spite of his trembling hands and pushed Charlie hard into the passenger side despite his protests. He got into the car and closed the back door just as the two men had reached him. They began punching the car glass and shouting. Jeff inserted the key and started the vehicle darting toward the exit heedless of the two men who were forced to move away so as not to be run over.

-Who the hell were those two?-

-So you're awake now, I see!!-Jeff said breathless and still shaking.

The rain and running had made him feel slightly better, but the headache would not leave him for a while yet.

-Where are they?-

-I don't think they are following us. We need to get moving and get home as soon as possible- he said as he passed a couple of cars and increased his speed.

-Jeff, please don't have an accident!!-

-Relax, I can drive-

-Sure...-

-The crowd, the screaming...it's possible they are the same as the vision this afternoon...then Alan has nothing to do with it...however, the blood...I didn't see any blood now...-Jeff had been thinking out loud forgetting Charlie's presence.

-Blood? Vision? Jeff, what did I miss?-

-Nothing...- Jeff reached for his cell phone and dialed Alan's number.

-...-

-Why aren't you answering?!-

-Is this Alan?-

-Yes...-

-It's 1:00 a.m., Jeff. I doubt he's awake-.

-If something happened to him...what if maybe the same men who were after you and me are after him, too? What if...-

-Calm down, Jeff. Alan will be fine, I'm sure he's home sleeping- having said that Charlie leaned his head against the backrest and without realizing it fell asleep.

Jeff, on the other hand, continued driving as fast as he could.

Alan was fine...he was home sleeping...in an hour they would be there...he would hug him as usual and the next day they would go to the police...maybe that night the vision had already come true only he had not caught the right details....maybe the blood had been there and he had not seen it...the important thing is that he and Charlie were fine and soon he would tell the same of Alan. Right?