Chapter twenty nine

Rose's POV

"Welcome Home."
Home.
What is home?
I used to believe home was nestled within my mother's loving embrace, where every fear was dispelled. But as sickness overtook her, our home began to crumble, the walls echoing with the absence of her laughter.

After her passing, all that remained were barren walls, devoid of the warmth and comfort she once provided. My father, consumed by his desire for control, never fostered a sense of home. Instead, his presence felt suffocating, almost claustrophobic, leaving me gasping for air in the confines of his dominance.

My refuge became the solitary confinement of my dark room, where the only solace was a photograph of my mother and me, her arms cradling me at birth. It was a reminder of the love that once filled our home, now reduced to memories etched in fading images.

Even when I escaped to Manhattan, my apartment never transcended beyond being a mere shelter, just four walls enclosing emptiness. But then, Adrian entered my life, infusing it with a newfound energy.

In his ocean eyes, his smile, in his tender embrace, I began to rediscover the essence of home. It wasn't about physical spaces but the warmth of companionship and understanding. With Adrian, I've started to believe that home can be rebuilt, not with bricks and mortar, but with acceptance.

"Rosa?" His thumb wipes the lone tear that escaped my left eye. Bringing me in his embrace he gives his warmth to me and arms around me give me a sense of security, a sense of belongingness.
"Shall we go in now?" He asks quietly, gently stroking my back.

I nod and he entwins our fingers to lead me to the front flight of stairs of beautiful shiny white marble that leads to the big wooden double doors.
Approaching the mansion, I was  greeted by a pebble driveway, leading them towards a magnificent round fountain at the center of the courtyard. Here, a graceful statue of a lady cradling a child in her arms presides over the clear waters, offering a sense of serenity and tranquility.

The wooden gates are opened by an elderly man with few wrinkles and some grey hairs on side.
"He is Danny. The head butler. He is the long serving family member or you can say trustworthy veteran."
Danny bows his head in respect and blushing cheeks. He is so cute.
"Hello, I am Rose Mendonsa."
He bows his head and leads us inside.

Upon crossing the threshold, I am welcomed into a grand foyer, adorned with marble floors and adorned with lavish chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The foyer serves as a prelude to the splendor that awaits within.

Stepping into the expansive living room, one will immediately get struck by its sheer size and luxury. Plush sofas and couches invite guests to sink into comfort, while at either end of the room, majestic fireplaces exude warmth and charm. Adorning the walls are an array of paintings, showcasing the works of world-renowned artists alongside portraits of the mansion's esteemed ancestors, adding a touch of history and culture to the space.
"Wanna tour first or early dinner?" Adrian makes soothing circles on my waist. I keep on a smile hiding my hammering migraine, it's killing me almost spinning.
"Ofcourse tour!!"
I take off my coat which I paired with my dress, everything I am feeling is hot, I need some air to reduce this spinning. I place it on the nearby couch and match the burning gaze Adrian is giving me. I click my fingers on his face. He blinks a few time, clearing his throat and hmms.

Leading me to the left of the living room, a doorway leads into the elegant dining room, where a grand glass table takes center stage, capable of accommodating twenty or more guests with ease. The adjoining kitchen is a chef's delight, equipped with granite countertops, state-of-the-art stainless steel appliances, and exquisite cabinetry, making it a haven for culinary enthusiasts.