Chapter 32 (Old): Kenji Has Initiated a Battle!

Arven and Miraidon followed Kenji to the concrete battlefield. They and he stood across from one another. Lightning seemed to flash between them, but then Kenji stretched his pokéball in front of him.

He placed his other hand on his hip and said, "All right, Arven, since I know you're not the best at Pokémon battles, we're going to start with a one-on-one and see how you do." There was a Pokémon he secretly wished in the back of his head for Arven to use.

Slightly offended by Kenji's words, Arven sarcastically retorted, "Thanks." Did Kenji have to rub that in his face?

Kenji gave him a quick wink. "You're welcome." He kissed his pokéball and tossed it forward in an underhand fashion. "Go, Iron Bundle!"

Within seconds, his small, robotic bird appeared and flapped its little wings. It hobbled to the center of the battlefield and waited patiently.

Okay, so the first thing Arven had to take into consideration was Iron Bundle's type. What was it? It would have been so much easier if Arven had the Violet book, but he didn't. He only owned the Scarlet one, which he carried around in his knapsack.

Scarlet, Penny, and Celebi made their way to the bottom of the staircase, but Nemona remained in her place. She still grieved and cried.

Celebi left Scarlet and Penny and soared across the battlefield to Arven. It held one of its three fingers up to him and said, "Bi," before it pointed at Miraidon.

"Miraidon?" Arven questioned, slightly bewildered. "What about Miraidon?"

In his head, Celebi explained, "Fight with him and make it fair. Iron Bundle is an Ice/Water-type and Miraidon is an Electric/Dragon. Both of y'all have a weakness against each other, as well as an advantage."

That was true, but Arven still wasn't a huge fan of Miraidon. However, he recalled that he cared for Sada and Meowscarada just as much as him. Miraidon was just as torn up as he was over losing them. He, Sada, and Arven were a family, and there was no changing it.

"Miraidon," Arven said, closing his eyes, "while I'll never forget what you did to my mom, I know that what happened was an accident. And I also know that you care for AI Sada and Meowscarada just as much as I do." He clipped Mabosstiff's pokéball back onto his belt.

Miraidon stepped in front of him and swished his tail back and forth. He peered into Arven's face. "Gias."

"So please," Arven added, "do me this one favor."

"Gias," Miraidon said again, and he nudged Arven, who opened his eyes. "Just this once, Arven."

A warm, fuzzy feeling passed through the Pokémon and Arven, and they cracked small smiles.

Arven patted Miraidon's head. "You big lump," he giggled. With those words, he stood tall and held his hand out to the center of the battlefield. "All right, Miraidon, I choose you!"

At his command, Miraidon glowed up and hurried onto the field. He lifted into the sky and twirled a few times. When the glow faded, he reappeared in his battle form in front of Iron Bundle. His rockets gave off a blast of energy, and he roared.

"Yes!" Penny cheered from the sideline. She had been waiting for this day—for Arven and Miraidon to accept each other. She and Scarlet clapped for the newborn team.

Even Nemona looked up from her knees.

Yes, Arven went with Miraidon! That was just what Kenji wanted. "Iron Bundle," he ordered, "let's start this battle off with Drill Peck!"

Iron Bundle's beak shimmered like Tera crystals and rotated in a drill-like fashion.

Arven remembered Sada's words from before. "Speed, Miraidon," he said. "Use Agility!" He listened to Celebi who plopped down on his head and told him Miraidon's moves.