53

"We're gonna be okay"

It was a usual morning at John Adams High. The group was in an english class, taught by Johnathan Turner. Shawn's-would've-been legal guardian.
He was calling out pairs for a project. 

"Minkus and Arthur" He called out, checking names of his list while doing so. 
"Basset and Pruitt"
"Harper and Smith"
"Matthews and Lawrence"

"Girl Matthews and Hunter" A smile played on Brooke's lips. "Not" Right before Turner completed his sentence. 

Girl Matthews and Hunter...not

"What? Why?" Shawn whined.

"Because, she ends up doing your work. You're in 11th...not 11"

"Well, I won't do it for him this time." Brooke argued. 

"Nope, Hunter. You get Stecchino. and Girl Matthews, you're with Miss Moore" Turner closed his book as he finished. "Sit in your pairs"

"Oh no...this is bad, Topanga. Bad bad" Cory said, nibbling his nails. 
"What is?"

"Do you not know what a disaster ex-girlfriends and now girlfriends are? Shawn is screwed" Topanga rolls her eyes at Cory's concern. 
"Baby, don't worry. Brooke's mature than that. And Angela isn't mean. Just start the project"

"Welp, okay I'll start but I'd hate to say I told you so"

"You wouldn't have to" Topanga chuckled, placing a peck on his cheek. 

"God, I've never not sat beside you since kindergarten" He scrunched up his nose and walked towards Frankie. 
"Oh don't be silly. There was that one time when..." Brooke paused. "Or you know when..." She gulped. "And that time when..." She gasped. "We need space, babe. We need space" She seriously said with a small frown. 

Shawn chuckles and places his book on a table next to Angela and Brooke's. 

"Hey" Brooke smiled and greeted Angela. "hello" Angela replied with a slightly wider smile. 
"Uh, so do we start?" Angela shrugged and they got to work. 

"Babe. I need a pen" Brooke hands him one. 

"Brooke, do you have a scale?" Brooke hands him one. 

"Oh I need a sketch pen" And again, she digs through her pouch to give it to him. 

"It'd be great if you had a pencil"

"Oh with a pencil must come an eras-"

"Shawn, honey, it's okay...just take my pouch. In the last 15 minutes, this is the 8th or 9th time you asked for something" Brooke playfully rolled her eyes, dumping a pouch on his table. 
"Oh it's just that I grew up like super poor and I don't have the money to buy stationery f-" Shawn stopped as he realized Brooke's death stare on him. 
"That doesn't work on you, does it?" He said, biting his tongue.