36

"I think we should

"I think we should..."

On their third date, Brooke and Shawn had just finished a cozy picnic in the park. The sun was setting, casting a warm orange glow on the surroundings. 

They decided to take a leisurely walk through the serene, dimly lit park. Hand in hand, steps in sync, they peacefully glided across the now dark setting. 

As they strolled along, Shawn playfully nudged Brooke, causing her to giggle. They shared stories, reminisced about old times, and laughed at each other's jokes. The atmosphere was relaxed, comfortable, and filled with genuine happiness.

As Brooke and Shawn continued their walk, they were lost in the moment, sharing stories and enjoying each other's company. The stars began to twinkle in the darkening sky, and the park seemed to envelop them in a world of their own.

Except, there was another person, staring at the "world".

"What the hell?" A certain curly head mumbled under his breathe. Cory was feeling more than just one emotion. And none of them were positive towards the sight before his eyes. 

Unbeknownst to them, Cory was also in the park. He had decided to take the short cut to his house from Topanga's. As he rounded a corner, he couldn't believe his eyes. There was Brooke, his sister, and Shawn, his best friend, walking together in the park.

His heart started to race, and his emotions boiled over. He watched them from a distance, his anger growing with every step they took. The fact that they were alone together, laughing and enjoying each other's company, fueled his suspicion and insecurity. 

Maybe Topanga knew about this. Maybe Topanga didn't. All he knew that whatever he was thinking yesterday wasn't overthinking. The thinking was not irrational, it was true. And he was witnessing it. 

Cory's mind raced with thoughts. Why were they spending so much time together? Why were they going on dates? What was going on behind his back? He clenched his fists, struggling to keep his emotions in check.

Unable to suppress his growing unease and frustration, Cory decided it was finally time to confront Brooke and Shawn. With a determined expression, he approached them as they walked in the park.

"Hey lovebirds" Cory called out, a wide smile on his face, contradicting what he felt inside, as his voice laced with an unusual mix of anger and concern.

Startled, The duo turned to face him. Brooke's cheerful smile faded as she sensed the tension in the air. She immediately let Shawn's hand go "Cory what are y-" 
Taking her hand in his again, Shawn spoke ignoring the raised-eyebrow look he was receiving from Cory. Shawn's usual easygoing demeanor seemed a bit off as well. "Hey, man. What's up?" he asked, though there was a hint of defensiveness in his tone.