25

"Er

"Er...boring shit"

Shawn and Angela were quite the pair. He was the easygoing guy who preferred a burger joint to a five-star restaurant, and she was the high-spirited gal with a taste for the finer things in life. Despite their differences, they made each other laugh and cherished every moment they spent together.

Angela walked up to Shawn as soon as Math class ended, her eyes dancing with excitement. "Hey, babe, guess what?" she exclaimed, her voice bubbling with enthusiasm.
"Sup'" Shawn raised a brow, seeing the enthusiasm. 

"Remember that auction I was telling you about? The one my uncle hosted? I got you a ticket too! We're going next week!!" She clapped, bouncing a bit.

Shawn's eyebrows shot up. "An auction? Like, where people bid on stuff?"

Angela nodded eagerly. "Yes! It's going to be amazing. You'll get to see all these unique and beautiful items, and we might even get something cool ourselves!"

Shawn scratched his head, looking unsure. "I don't know, Ange. I'm not really into all that fancy stuff. It sounds kinda boring, to be honest."

Angela playfully nudged him. "Come on, Shawn! It'll be a new experience. And who knows, you might find something you like."

Shawn sighed, unable to resist Angela's persuasion "Alright, fine. But if it gets too boring, I might sneak off to the nearest snack bar."

Angela laughed and kissed his cheek. "Deal!"

The day of the auction arrived, and Shawn found himself in a suit that made him feel like he was being strangled. Angela, on the other hand, looked like she had just stepped out of a fashion magazine. They arrived at the elegant venue, and Shawn's eyes widened as they entered the opulent hall.

As the auction began, Angela was completely engrossed. Her eyes darted from item to item, and she occasionally whispered to Shawn about the history or significance of a particular piece. Shawn, on the other hand, felt his attention drifting.

About halfway through, Shawn leaned over to Angela. "Hey, Ange, I think I'm gonna step out for a bit. My brain's turning to mush in here."

Angela shot him a sympathetic smile. "Sure, go take a breather. I'll catch up with you later."

Shawn nodded and slipped out of the hall, relieved to escape the monotony. He found a quiet corner and pulled out his phone, hoping to find something to entertain himself.

"Hey, man," he SMSed Cory "Stuck at this auction with Angela. Send help."

Cory's reply came quickly. "Haha, tough break. Hang in there, dude. You're gonna experience a lot more of this fancy high-five rich people shit."
"G2G. With Topanga"