8

"Why are you in my bed?!"

"I didn't get in" Brooke shrugged, unfazed.
"Cause you threw the audition" Eric snickered.
"How would you know, Eric?"
"I was there!!" Eric huffed.

"Brooke just genuinely wants me to suffer" Shawn dramatically sighed, sitting on the chair.
"Shut up, Hunter" She rolled her eyes.
"Oh and...since Dr. Sorrell somehow thought it is a good idea to pair me up with you for the chemistry project, can we get started?"

"I hate chemistry" Shawn whined
"I hate you, but you don't see me complaining" Brooke rolled her eyes.
"Actually, what you are doing right now, is complaining" Eric pointed out.
"Oh so now he uses logic" She deadpanned.

"Can we just get to work already?" brooke sighed.
"In your room?" Shawn raised a brow.
"In my room" Brooke answered.

"Alone?"
"Alone."

"With the door closed?"
"In your dreams. The door stays open" Brooke warns.
"You're no fun"

"Shawn...we've been over this. Ionic Bonding is the Bonding between 2 metals...and Covalent Bonding is between 2 non metals. Can you focus?" Brooke huffs, keeping her pen down. 
"Say what?" Shawn held his head groaning.
"Try erasing Stella's number and make room for some learning" 

"Okay, Shawn. Umm, Extrovert and Introvert dating, is ionic bonding. And introvert and introvert dating is covalent bonding"
"Ohhh, so Sodium is an extrovert and chlorine is an introvert and hydrogen and chlorine are both introverts? Opposites attract?" 

"YES! EXACTLY!! See, you're smart...you just don't use your brain in the right places"
"We've been studying for the past hour, and I couldn't have done this without you" He smiled, softly and genuinely. Brooke double-winked and smiled at him.
"It was all you, Hunter"

There was a moment of silence which he broke.

"Hey...remember when I said you've become hot now...like after the summer?"
"Yeah what about it?" 
"I didn't mean that. No wait! that came out wrong! Umm...I didn't mean that you look hot after the summer...No shit, this is coming out wrong.
Brooke, I suck at this, but try keeping up with me. You've always been cute. okay? And your looks won't change our friendship. And I don't want you to think I found you not pretty before, because far from it. I only got interested in girls after high school started, but you were the only girl who stood out...before your glow up" 

"Aww Shawn that's so sweet of you! That's like the nicest thing you've said to me!"
"Hey that's not true! I've said nicer things!"