32

"He will kill me if he finds out"

"What?" Topanga looked at him weirdly. 
"What if it was what you thought it was" He gulped. 
"Shawn, just because you repeat something, does not mean that I get the context"

"Remember how 2-3 weeks back I thought I got diarrhea?" Topanga nodded.
"What about it?"

"What if it was really...butterflies?" He asked, hesitant. 
"You like...like like Brooke? Damn, the story just got a bit interesting" Topanga let out an amused chuckle. 
"I don't know! I'm so confused. And usually I'd go tell this to Cory. But he'll kill me if he finds out that out of every girl, I picked his twin" Shawn buried his face in his hands. 
"Well, it's a relief that they're fraternal twins. I would've been really concerned about you if they were identical." She paused So now we know it's not about looks" Topanga snickered, grinning soon after. Shawn threw a glare at her.

"Fine fine. I'm sorry. Well, what do you want me to do with this information, Shawn?" The blonde sighed.
"I don't know" Shawn grunted. "For the past few weeks I've been manipulating myself into thinking that I was overanalyzing how I feel about Brooke and now even that stopped working" He rolled his eyes, looking away.

"So. Do you like her or not?"
"I don't! But I can't stop getting the feeling that maybe that diarrhea thing wasn't diarrhea after all..." He looked down, afraid of her reaction.

"Shawn that's really confusing me"
"You think it's not confusing me? I don't wanna even think about liking Brooke. But not thinking is still thinking!"

"I get it. But I think you should stop beating yourself up about it. Shawn, don't stop thinking about it. But divert yourself. There's a difference" Topanga pat his back. "And maybe look for a sign. Something that straight away gives you a yes or no" Shawn pressed his lips into a thin line. 

"Thanks, this...helped. Also, Topanga. Please don't tell Brooke or Cory-"
"Don't worry. Your secret it safe with me." She twisted her fingers near the corner of her mouth expressing the 'secret is locked' thing before throwing away the 'key'. 

Shawn smiled as they both walked in the opposite directions.

He sat in class, waiting for Brooke to come and take her usual seat in front of him. 

She did come. 

"Hey, sup" She mumbled under her breathe and gathered her books, looking like she was in a rush since everything was messy. She tried to hold all her things for her but unfortunately her pencil case fell down, and her hair came in her face. Shawn chuckled at her before bending down to grab it for her. He stood up and captured her eyes again before tucking that piece of hair behind her ear.

"What's the rush?" He snickered.
"Oh nothing much, I-I'm sitting with Griff today" Brooke snapped out of her thoughts and spoke up. His smile shot down and he had a poker face on now. 
"Griff huh? Aww adorable nickname" Shawn ruffles her hair and takes out the piece of hair he'd just neatly tucked in