Clarrisa's POV

We all stood by a table, and they got the bottle ready for us. There were at least ten of us playing right now, and there were others waiting to join in for the second round. Apparently, this was a very popular game for Ares and his friends. They were accustomed to playing it.

My family avoided games like this for obvious reasons. I was only playing because there was a good chance that I could end up kissing Damon, especially with Autumn on my side.

“I’m first,” Anya says as she spins the bottle. It lands on Adrian Willis. My eyes were locked on Damon to see his reaction, and I could tell how hard it was for him to watch her kiss Adrian.

The timer makes a noise, letting them know that they can stop. They break apart, and Anya looks a lot happier than she should have, considering she’d just kissed someone other than her mate while he was watching.

I’m surprised that Damon had even let the kiss happen in the first place, but by now, he was probably used to seeing Anya kiss other men. After all, he’d had to witness her kiss Dante and Atticus multiple times.

I tried not to frown at the reminder. Even Autumn looked disturbed when I glanced at her.

Griffin was next. The bottle landed on a woman named Paige. Neither backed down and kissed the other without a problem. So far, everyone was following the rules.

Ares was up next. I was fearful that the bottle would land on me. Luckily, it doesn’t, and I can sigh in relief. My relief doesn’t last long. It was now my turn, and a part of me wanted to run and hide. It was the same part of me that didn’t want to play the game, to begin with.

I looked at Autumn for confirmation; I wasn’t sure this was such a good idea anymore. Not after seeing Anya kiss Adrian and the impact it had on Damon.

Autumn nodded, and her confidence helped to build mine. If she believed she could help me, I shouldn’t have to worry about anything else.

I kept my eyes on the bottle as I placed my hand on it. It felt cold to the touch, and I tried not to stop my heart from racing in my chest. I was afraid that everyone in this room would be able to hear it and tell how scared I was. That was the last thing I wanted to do. They were all already close to laughing in my face. I didn’t need to give them another reason to bully me. I could tell that there were plenty of women in here that were just waiting for the right opportunity to make fun of me.

“You don’t have to play this game if you don’t want to, Clarissa,” Damon assured me. “I can take you home right now. Don’t listen to what any of these fools have to say.”

I bite my lip at his words. Only Damon would use this opportunity to call everyone here fools. He was aware of the women that bullied me, and I think it was directed at them. As much as I wanted to take up his offer, I knew I had to decline it.

He doesn’t realize that this might be my only opportunity to kiss him. I didn’t think there was a possibility that he would ever allow it otherwise. I wasn’t even sure that he would accept it in this game, but I was taking any chances that I got.

There was only one way to find out, and I didn’t plan on backing down. If this was my only chance to kiss Damon, I was gladly taking it.

“It’s okay,” I answer him. “I want to do this.” Only because of you. Again, these words are only said in my mind. He can’t hear my thoughts. A part of me wished that he could. It would make things easier for me.

I didn’t wait for anyone else to say something as I spun the bottle the second Autumn gave me the signal to begin.

It spins a few times before it slowly noticeably stops at Damon. My heart jumps in my chest, and I can’t wait to hug Autumn for doing this. I knew that it was only possible because of her. I’ve never been happier knowing her biological father was a sorcerer than I am now. It was working to our advantage. Finally.