Autumn's POV

“Are you going to stay in the car the entire time?” Griffin asks sarcastically.

We were at the beach, but I was contemplating getting out of the car with the number of people I saw. I didn‘t think this was going to be a big party.

Now I knew I was wrong.

I shook my head and stepped out even though,All I wanted was to stay inside the car.

"I'll make sure you aren't uncomfortable." He promised me as he guided me over to a group of girls. I already recognized them. They were popular girls. Of course, Griffin would be friends with the most popular people in our school, just like his siblings.

"Good to see you." He greets them. “I‘m sure you all know my future sister–in–law, Autumn." He turns to me and says "And these girls don't need any introduction either."

No, they didn‘t. The one smiling at me was Scarlett Mae, and next to her was her sister Clara.

Clara used to be the more popular one among the two sisters.In fact, Scarlett never really attended events like this, from what I knew about her. She reminded me a lot of myself. But all that changed when Carter Prince broke up with her sister Clara.

They were the couple that everyone looked up to, but everyone always knew that Carter was never faithful to Clara.

I'm not sure how that changed Scarlett, but she soon started attending parties and school games, she was becoming more popular than her sister, especially since Carter seemed to have his eyes on her. That was gross, how could he be interested in Scarlett
when he dated her sister? But that was not my business. I’ve learned to keep away from
drama, especially dramas like this.

"We've barely spoken in the past, I'm sure we can be great friends," Scarlett tells me.

"That would be great since Autumn can do with some new friends after what happened with Anya," Griffin adds.

Scarlett and Clara give each other a knowing look.

Of course, everyone already knows about it. I can tell by their expressions, but I didn't expect anything different. I knew this would happen when I learned I would marry Atticus.

"You don‘t need to feel uncomfortable around us.' Clara assured me.

"How about we don‘t even bring that up," Scarlett says.

Griffin grins, "I knew you girls were my safest option to introduce Autumn to. I told you I would make sure you weren‘t uncomfortable." He reminds me.

He was right. Scarlett and her sister seemed nicer than I expected them to be.

"I'm going to meet a few guys from the team,"Griffin tells me as he walks over to the football players. I think this was one of their parties for winning yet another game.

"Do you want a drink, Autumn?" Clara asks me.
I shook my head. "I don‘t drink."

She smiles, "Scarlett doesn't either, but I'm making sure she gets drunk today."

"Is that the famous bride of Atticus Fawn?"Someone asks behind me.

Scarlett rolled her eyes as Amy joined us, "why do you show up everywhere we are?"

"I wasn't talking to you, sweety. I was talking to the girl that stole her best friend's boyfriend. But you should know plenty about that since you‘re also stealing your sister's boyfriend."

"Ex–boyfriend." Scarlett snaps. "And I'm not stealing anyone. Neither did Autumn. Get your facts checked before you go sprouting nonsense."

"A little defensive?" Amy laughs.