Autumn's POV

It was my first day back to school since being kidnapped. My parents had increased security everywhere.

The academy had tripled its guards. As per their wish, I had two bodyguards following me wherever I went, even in the academy, considering that's where I'd gotten kidnapped in the first place.

My parents were now afraid of every step I took away from them. I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting for me in their vehicles right outside.
They didn't want me to return to the Academy, they said it was too risky.

But, I chose to do it because I wanted to be near Atticus. He wouldn't be able to remember me if I was nowhere around to remind him of us.

I was no longer living with Atticus; since he wasn't aware that we were married, I would have to stay with my parents for now.

It wasn't easy knowing that things had changed so much between us in just a few days, but I had to learn to come to terms with it. I was just happy that he'd survived the crash.

I loved being near my family, but l loved being next to Atticus more. I wanted to be back in our room together, watching him sleep next to me and tease him when I wanted to. I wanted things to return to where they were before I'd lost him to memory loss.

I wish there was a way for me to return to the Fawn's home without Atticus suspecting anything. I didn't like being this far from him. I hated it so much.

Now that I knew he had almost died while trying to save me, I was even more desperate to be next to him. I wanted to thank him for trying his best to protect me, and I wanted to apologize for immediately thinking the worst when I saw the images of him and Anya together.

He wasn't the horrible one. She was. She knew the truth, yet she made him think they were still together.

"Are you okay?" Clarissa asks me. "I know it will not be easy pretending you're not with Atticus. And I know it will be harder having to see him with Anya. She will undoubtedly use this to her advantage for as long as possible. Don't let her get to you. Atticus is only acting like this because he couldn't remember anything. You got him to choose you once. I'm positive that he will choose you again. You need to remind him what It's like to have you in his life. And I know that's not difficult for you to do. Your presence is something that no one can ignore, not even Atticus. His eyes will always go straight to
you whether he likes it or not."

I could do that. I could remind Atticus of what we had without causing him any harm. My problem was seeing him with Anya. Now that he thought they were still together, there was no telling what they would do. I didn't want to think of him touching and kissing her.

It made me feel sick to my stomach. I didn't want him with anyone but me. Anya played dirty to get what she wanted. That was the type of person she was. She didn't care about anyone's feelings but her own.

"Are they going to be following us everywhere?"
Clarissa asks me as she points at the two bodyguards behind us.

I nod, "It was the only condition my parents agreed to let me return to the academy."

She sighs, "I guess I'm okay with it as long as they keep you safe. I don't want to lose you again. It was a horrifying experience, and I never want to relive it."

We stop walking when we see Atticus and Anya in front of us. He's hugging her, and her arms are wrapped tightly around his neck. The immediate pain in my heart at the sight almost made me trip over my own two feet.

It's already beginning- the pain. What could I do to make this easier?

Clarissa held my hand, giving me the strength that I needed. "You can do this. Remember, you're the one he wants, his heart knows it even if his mind doesn't. His heart will always win the battle. Anya can't do anything to change that."