Chapter 4: Lost Light returns

A/n: I can't believe I was able to get over 300 views for this book! I was so excited when I looked earlier today, so thank you all so much!!!! Anyway, Let's get back to it!~

I was preparing for the enrichment tomorrow as soon as I got home. I grabbed the old water sports equipment we had used before the Merformers' war. They had all loved the water guns too so I packed several of those as well. I put everything into the giant duffel bag we had for camping.
Once I was finished, I realised that I hadn't had a chance to finish up one of the houses in Cybertron. I quickly grabbed my tools and materials, before diving into the entrance of Cybertron, from the pool underneath my house and the cliff side it rested on.
I shifted into my mer form and swam through the front gate like normal, but something felt a bit off ... Like someone or several someones were watching me. I shrugged it off and continued to swim over to the house I was repairing. It was a normal sized house with a front yard and back yard too. It was a pale orange colour and had a red door. What I was finishing up was the yellow roof and the ceilings inside the house. I think this was one of the last houses to be abandoned in the fall of Cybertron. I sighed and was about to head inside to work on the house when I heard some debris fall behind me. I whipped my head around and saw an orange, yellow and red tail whip behind the rock pile in front of the building opposite me.  I put my stuff down and slowly straightened up.
"Is someone there?" I asked swimming over slowly. I saw some sort of movement behind the pile. I decided to make my intentions known and I stopped a few feet away from the pile.
"I won't hurt you if that's what you're worried about. I never want to hurt anyone, not like how I was treated.... I really want to know who you are and I want to be friends with you... if you'll let me..." I said sheepishly. When no reply came back in return, I sighed and said, "I understand ... I'll leave now..." I said tearfully and turned to head back to the house, when I was grabbed and turned around. I saw a Merformer in front of me, but he wasn't one of the ones I knew. He was a red, orange and yellow lion fish Mer and he had a very guilty experience on his face.
"Please don't leave!!! I'm sorry!!! I was just super conflicted about whether or not I should meet you!!! I'm really sorry!!!" He kept explaining about it and I honestly thought it was too cute. I had stopped crying by this time, and I started laughing.
"Hehehe, hahaha ~!" I giggled.
"H-huh?! Why are you-?!" He started to stutter.
"Sorry! Hehehe ~! You're just too cute ~~!" I said, suppressing my giggles.
"R-really?!" He said blushing subtly.
"Really~! I'm good now." I giggled.
"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Cari Afton ~! It's nice to meet you ~" I said holding my hand out for the Mer in front of me.
"Ohhhh! My designation is Hot Rod! Nice ta meet ya!" He said enthusiastically. He shook my hand gently but excitedly. I was just wondering how he found me, when I was startled by my little girl running into me.
"CARRIER!!! There's some Merformers that are like me!!!!! There super nice so can they please stay?!!!" She talked so fast, but I managed to understand what she said.
"Yes they can sweetspark, but you have to bring them to the castle, so we can show them to their houses. That okay??" I explained calmly, a smile on my face the entire time. She gasped happily and nodded her head at a fast pace.
"Okay!!! THANK YOU CARRIER!!!" Hope yelled out, while swimming away. I sighed and giggled at my cute daughter's behaviour. I turned around to see that Hot Rod was trying to contain his excitement about my daughter. I sighed happily at the sight of this.
We decided to head over to the castle after he helped me with fixing up his house (he told me he actually used to live in the house before leaving with the other Merformers) and once we were done, he told me every story he knew about and was there to witness. I was honestly loving every second I spent talking with him. We reached the castle and entered to see several small blurs racing around the throne room.
"Whoa!" I said, falling back from the force of the current. I was caught by Hot Rod. We both looked up at each other and blushed heavily. We straightened up and looked away from each other in embarrassment.
I heard the other grown Mers snickers from the other side of the room. Hot Rod started chasing them around for 10 minutes straight. He was yelling at them about how he needs them to show respect to "their new friends" and it was responded with "yeah yeah's" . It was so cute!
I felt something tugging at my skirt, I looked down and saw it was my daughter. I smiled knowing she wanted hugs.
"Come on then sweetspark..." I said while holding my arms out for her. She grinned and hugged me immediately. I was happy, happy that she was so affectionate towards me. I'm just glad I rescued her when I had the chance...

I heard a series of thumps and turn around to see the pod on the floor wrestling each other.

Oh boy..... this is going to take a while....