Chapter 2: Reunion

"Now then, let's start with your jobs and what that will entail," Fowler began, but I stopped him because I was confused.
"Wait,wait,wait, what do you mean by 'jobs'?" I asked, with an anxious look on my face. I wasn't told this, so I was very confused.
"Well your first job is to be the doctor to the Merformers and you will also have a second job: being their caretaker," Fowler explained, while grabbing a couple of files from his desk drawer and proceeded to hand them to me across the dark oblong desk.
"The Merformers haven't had anyone be their caretaker for a while now, because they are either very shy or very aggressive when it comes to us humans and they only trust me and Doctor June Darby, but they will never trust anyone else, which is why I am putting you in charge of them from now on. Think you can handle that, Soldier?" He asked standing up and walking around the table , stopping in front of you with his hand out.
I will do anything to protect the misfits of the world, just like they did. No matter what.
"I will," I state, shaking his hand and standing up myself.
"I knew you wouldn't let me down," he says, relieved.
"Now then, let's get you into your new uniform and show you around," he states, leading me out of the office and to the staff changing rooms. I was then told what I could wear with my uniform and what I couldn't wear with it. So luckily I could still wear my eyepatch, necklace, earrings and the special FazWatch that I got from my Papa Will. In my sea-blue locker, number 66, I was given the blue and white shirt and dark blue shorts as well as a pink wetsuit and purple pool shoes. I changed into them as soon as I was left to change. I emerged to find Fowler and a brown haired lady talking to each other.
"Ah, there you are. Cari, this is our head doctor here at the aquarium, Miss June Darby," Fowler introduced me as soon as I was in earshot.
"It's nice to meet you, miss," I greeted June.
"It's nice to meet you as well, Cari!" June replied cheerfully.
"Now then let's show you where you're going to be working at," Fowler said as he and June led me to the back of the facility's building. I have been to the other places in the past but never here. We stop in front of a door that had a sign above it, which read: 'Beware of the creatures inside, proceed with caution ⚠️' .
Weird, I thought. Fowler proceeded to swipe the key card he took from his pocket, and opened the door. I was so amazed at what was inside: there was a huge pool for me to feed them or give them checkups and tend to injuries, there was a medical berth for them to sit down and lay down on top of, so I could get a closer look at them to check on bandages, and there's a big cabinet and storage unit for the medical instruments and medicines for them as well as bandages and things to make waterproof casts. But one or two things caught my attention, and that was 8 sets of chains ⛓ and 2 big basket swing bases. I was so confused about it so I decided to ask them about it.
"That's because previous doctors have had to chain them down so they could examine them, bs in my opinion though," Fowler stated, with disgust in his voice.
"What about the big baskets?" I asked.
"That was what they used to pick up the smaller ones and what they used to trap them if they got away," June answered, with sadness in her face and voice.
"Do mind if I use those things for something else?" I ask them. They looked at me confused but they said yes.
"Awesome, thank you!" I said, and so I picked up everything and using my powers turned 4 of the chains and one of the two baskets into on a basket swing. It hung from the ceiling and over one corner of the pool. Once I was finished with the first one, I made a second one to hang in the opposite corner. When I turned around, I saw June looking gobsmacked and Fowler looked amused and pleased with my handy work.
"How did you do that?" June asked and reached out to touch one of my creations, probably to test it was real. It was. Fowler smirked at the statement and approached us at the swing.
"She was gifted with these abilities more than a decade ago, due to a certain being choosing them to be their descendant and well here we are," Fowler explains, while pulling me into a one armed hug.
"Can I meet the Merformers now?" I ask, barely containing my excitement.
"We'll introduce you to the Leaders of our two pods first. Then they'll decided if you can meet the rest of them, sound good?" He asked.
"Yep, sounds good," I replied.
"Alright then, we will go get the leaders and you can wait right here okay?"
"Yep," I nodded.
The two adults then head in opposite directions to the two doors obviously leading to the Mers' separate rooms. I sat down next to the pool with my back turned, admiring the light reflecting off the water and onto the wall while I waited patiently for them to return. While they are gone I decided to start singing. I don't know why, I just felt something telling me to sing. So I start to sing a song that has stuck with me through the years that they have been gone. I closed my eyes as I started to sing.
(Song: Lost Boy, by Ruth B.)
There was a time when I was alone,
Nowhere to go and no place to call home,
My only friend was the man in the moon,
But even sometimes he would go away too.
Then one night as close my eyes, I saw a shadow flying high, he came to me with the sweetest smile, told me he wanted to talk for a while.
Peter Pan, that's what they call me, I promise that you'll never be lonely, and ever since that day;
I am a Lost Boy, from Neverland,
Usually hanging out with, Peter Pan,
And when we're bored we play in the woods, always on the run from, Captain Hook, "run run, Lost Boy" they say to me, away from all of Reality ~
Neverland is home to Lost Boys like me, and Lost Boys like me are free, NeverLand is home to Lost Boys like me and Lost Boys like me are free - "
I stop singing when I noticed I am not alone anymore. I turned around and saw Fowler and June had returned while I was oblivious to the world, and they weren't alone. Behind them were two massive Merformers. The one on the right was a grey mech with purple and small red marks on his upper body, while his bottom half was that of a huge Great White Shark, and many scars were littered across his body. On the left, this Merformer was a blue, red and silver Orca tailed mech. He too had a good few scars littering his body, and he also had an aura that made me feel safe and I would be understood. And they both had the same look on their faces: they were confused, relieved and content. I realised that they were the Mers that I once considered my brothers and best friends: OP and Megs. They looked different from when we met last but I easily saw that it was them.
"Hi, my name is Cari and I'm the new doctor and Caretaker for you and the other Merformers. It's nice to meet you," I say, bowing to them as I did so.
Optimus' and Megatron's POV:
It's her..
Cari's POV:
I raised my head to find that they have come closer to me and they were looking at me with tears in their eyes. I reach up and put my hands on their faces, they leaned into them as they did so.
"We're so happy to see you again, Cari," The red and blue mech says in one of the voices I never thought I would hear again.
"It's a relief to see you safe and sound, Cari," The grey Mech added.
I had several golden tears streaming down my face now.
"I've missed you both so much, OP and Megs," I answered.
Finally, I found you.