• 9 •

As the two trailed off in conversation (with Lucifer doing most of the talking), everyone's eyes snapped to the radio demon.

He appeared recovered, simply adjusting his bow tie and preening his hair. It was easy to miss the trembling of his long fingers, the agitated flicking of his left ear and the glowing hatred in his eyes. The bell of his collar jingled and it was a painful reminder of the humiliation he had endured. He unclipped the collar and clicked his fingers, a dark shadow limb reaching for it and enveloping it in darkness.

"What the fuck was that?" Angel Dust's jaw was ajar so wide it was practically touching the ground.

"That, my dear Angel, is Alastor's soul owner." Husk seemed indifferent, he looked like he enjoyed seeing the shame that rained down on Alastor. However, he had never seen the owner of his soul, and was immensely surprised when Lilith Morningstar waltzed in and clipped a collar on the radio demon. Charlie raced over to Alastor, instantly consoling him.

"Alastor are you okay? I didn't expect my mother to own your soul! I wouldn't have invited her otherwise, I mean I would have. But I'd kick you out, I mean... I worded that wrong." Charlie was rambling, and Vaggie patted her on the back to give the demon some space.

"Do I need to give her a stab?" Niffty tugged on Alastor's coattail but Alastor remained stiff and spaced out, glaring at the empty space in front of him.

"Your mother is a girlboss." Angel Dust chortled, and sipped a margarita. "Guess he really was on a leash." Husk's eyes widened and he signalled Angel Dust to shut up, drawing his hand across his neck repeatedly. Angel Dust was already tipsy for the day, so paid no mind to him.

"I mean really, who would've thought that the big and scary Radio Demon is a pet to the Queen of Hell?"

"I am not a pet!" Alastor's eyes darkened, his pupils a blaring red, green stitches weaved across his evil smile and his shoulders grew broader. He stalked over to the spider sinner, his antlers growing widespread with every pointed step.

He was stopped in his tracks when Vaggie stepped in front of Angel Dust, aiming an angelic spear at his face. Alastor paused, before shrinking back to his usual size. His ears stayed vigilant but his antlers withdrew into his skull until they returned back to normal. He cleared his throat, and fiddled with his cane in agitation. His grin was strained.

"You don't know what you're talking about, I suggest you keep your fluffy little head out of it." With that, Alastor retreated into the shadows - the others exchanged glances and Angel Dust shakily motioned to his glass and Husk poured him another drink.

Things were getting heated in Lucifer's quarters. Lilith had him pinned against a wall, licking his neck and trailing her hands against his bare skin under his shirt. He shivered in delight, completely smitten with how things were turning out between them.

He had missed her so much, he missed her smile, her kisses and her touch - especially the sex that came with it. It had been a long seven years yearning for his wife to come back home.

He remembered vividly of the day in the Garden of Eden. The day he first noticed how beautiful she was. She was naked, clothes were irrelevant, it wasn't how humans were to live. But it wasn't her nakedness that drew him in, he was an angel after all. It was her ferocity, her independence and her kindness. She was ferocious when protecting something from Adam, the human she was supposedly meant to procreate with and live by forever. She was independent in the way that she didn't need Adam, or any man, to take charge, she had her own initiative. She was kind to all animals, and despite not knowing Lucifer, she was pleasant with him.