• 3 •

Angel Dust and Husk fell silent when Lucifer slid onto the barstool. It was quite a tall stool, so he had climb - his embarrassment was immeasurable and he was glad Alastor wasn't around to mock him. The radio demon had been extra cautious around him, ever since he found out the hard way that he can be turned into a duck at any time. They had kept their distance since the ear incident, especially since it became apparent that Alastor actually enjoyed the massage.

How did Lucifer know this? He had found out that Mr Lawrence was kidnapped by the demon and placed on his shelf. Alastor talked to the duck a lot, and in return the traitor would expose Lucifer.

Alastor found out that Lucifer enjoyed a dominant woman, because he liked a woman in charge. Since then, Alastor snickered whenever Lucifer opened his phone as his wallpaper was a family photo. He would make comments such as I'm sure you like a woman in charge or even we can see who birthed Charlie. Lucifer found it quite unnecessary, but Mr Lawrence wasn't all bad. He would in return tell Lucifer through the walls that Alastor was a mama's boy in his human years, or that he enjoys romance shows because he himself can't be in a relationship. Mr Lawrence even said that Alastor was a light-weight, getting tipsy off a shot of vodka. It was weird to see this side of Alastor, as he was inherently known as a mysterious facade.

Husk cleared his throat as Lucifer scrambled up the stool, and poured him some Whiskey. Lucifer took it gratefully, downing it.

"What brings you here tonight Your Majesty?" Husk poured another drink into his glass. Lucifer swirled it as he thought of why he was there.

"I thought I'd get to know my housemates, and Alastor is in his room and I can hear his stupid jazz music playing from across the hall."

"Not a jazz fan?"

"I'm a drum and bass kinda guy." Lucifer sipped his drink, Angel Dust sucked on the lemon on the corner of his drink indifferently.

"I bet you'd be fun drunk."

"I never drink heavily, I've heard I cry a lot."

"So does Alastor." Husk froze once he uttered those words, and Angel Dust and Lucifer stared at him, their mouths ajar in shock.

"Alastor cries?" Angel Dust snorted, and Lucifer cackled.

"Mr Lawrence said he was a lightweight too, we should totally get him drunk."

"Make it a competition, whoever gets drunk first is the superior dad." Angel Dust suggested, giggling to himself as he combed his hair with his fingers. Lucifer laughed with him.

"Maybe if I say his name three times he will appear. Alastor, Alastor, Alastor."

"What the fuck?" An unusually clear voice mumbled, before radio static. The trio looked to Lucifer's right and Alastor was sitting on the barstool beside him, a confused grin on his face.

"There's a theory going around that you're a lightweight. Any good father figure should be able to tolerate his alcohol." Angel Dust provoked, and Lucifer chuckled hauntingly. Alastor narrowed his eyes.

"I'm not an imbecile, I know you're trying to get me drunk."

"Well, it was worth a shot," Lucifer smirked before leaning into Alastor, "mama's boy."

Something snapped in Alastor and his antlers started to grow, his shoulders broadening. He loomed over Lucifer like a shadow. Husk cowered behind the bar and Angel Dust gulped heavily. Lucifer, however, was unaffected. He knew Alastor was doing this to prove a point.

"Cut the act beansprout, it's called peer pressure." Alastor deflated, his black eyes returning to the usual shade of scarlet and he looked defeated. His smile was unwavering, but tight. "What's a drink amongst friends?"