• 6 •

"Well this looks... different." Lucifer stared at the entrance sign. Loo-Loo Land.

"Perhaps they rebranded?" Alastor flashed a wicked smile. They had used Alastor's shadow realm to teleport to the theme park, their legs were beginning to ache from walking. However, Lucifer was almost sure they were in the wrong place.

The sign was tattered and falling apart, the wood soaked in what seemed like gasoline. There was no one manning the ticket booth, so they just walked right in. As they patrolled the aisles of "fun" stalls, it became seemingly clear that this was not Lucifer's LuLu World. Lucifer left Alastor's side to examine the coconut throw.

"Howdy kid! Don't stray too far from your father now!" A dishevelled apple mascot, with the fabric tearing at the arms, appeared from seemingly nowhere. Lucifer was beyond offended.

"Kid? I'll have you know I'm the King of Hell! And this knockoff version of my theme park is a disgrace!" Alastor was behind Lucifer now, grinning menacingly at the apple mascot. The mascot side-stepped away from the pair, laughing nervously. Lucifer dusted his coat.

"You shouldn't shout that you're of such high status here, don't you remember what happened to that goetia?"

"Stolas could handle himself, he just trusted those imps will do his dirty work. We will be fine. Oh look! A giant duck plush!" Lucifer skipped off to the hook a duck stall, and Alastor narrowed his eyes skeptically before following.

Lucifer's eyes grew to the size of saucepans at the sight of the giant plush duck. Albeit, it had sharp teeth made of cardboard and it didn't look nearly as soft as the ones at LuLu World - but it was a duck nonetheless. The imp manning the stall outstretched his hand, waiting for money. Lucifer gladly threw some money at him before hooking a duck. It took very little skill, it was meant for children. It was Charlie's favourite game at LuLu World, and they would spend a copious amount of money to win a duck.

Lucifer had an idea. What if he gave this duck to Charlie? Sure it was ugly and it looked cheaply made, but he could almost smell the extra dad points.

He nimbly used the tiny fishing rod to hook a duck, and he excitedly bounced on the balls of his feet as the imp looked at the bottom of the toy.

"You won our biggest prize." Bored, the imp crouched down behind the stall and brought out an AK-47, fully loaded and passed it to Lucifer.

"Is there a way I can trade this for the duck plush?"

"Nope."

"But I don't need a gun!"

"Everyone needs a gun."

"Allow me to try." Alastor reached into Lucifer's back pocket and snatched some money, handing it to the imp. Lucifer was too busy trying to battle with the huge gun in his arms to notice. As the imp handed Alastor the fishing rod, the radio demon snapped it in half. The imp's eyes widened and Alastor used his shadow arms to hit the stall. With one fell swoop, all of the rubber ducks flipped on their backs and Lucifer gaped at all of the numbers on the bottom. Not one duck was the number for the plush. This game was rigged!

"This game is a scam! You're just giving everyone guns and claiming it's the top prize!" Lucifer growled.

"Oops." The imp shrugged nonchalantly, counting the money he was given in his hands. Lucifer needed this duck, he needed to make Charlie happy. He pointed the gun at the imp.

"Give me the duck. Now!" Horns began to grow from his hairline and his eyes glowed red. The imp raised his hands, surrendering. He seemed to get this a lot as he was so calm. He grabbed the stuffed duck and handed it to Lucifer, who instantly calmed down and skipped off in joy like a petulant child who just got their own way. Alastor glanced at the imp, who glared at him back. He must blame Alastor for exposing his rigged game. He hummed and pointed to the toffee apple sat idly on the shelf.