The Serpent's Pass (Part 1)

🍋🍋🍋Slight lemon/smut in this chapter so, if you don't enjoy that, please skip past it (it's more towards the end). 🍋🍋🍋 You've been warned. 🍋🍋🍋

As you stand beneath the springs, water falling onto your body, you let out a breathy sigh. Running your fingers through your hair, you don't seem to notice Desme and Katara eyeing you.

As the latter of the two clears her throat, you look over towards Katara, your head slightly tilted towards the side. "Yes-"

"Water bending bomb!" As Aang jumps off of a cliff and into the water, ice covering his body, a huge oasis forms. As everyone get splashed in water, you laugh before stepping away from the water fall.

"Well, that's one way to enjoy the springs..."

"And, one way to ruin the five hundred year old maps from the spirit library. One of the multiple ways to ruin it."

"Sorry..." As Aang walks out of the water and makes a pulling and pushing motion with his hands, he pulls the water from the maps.

As Sokka grins and gets back to looking over the maps, you ring out your hair before walking over towards Sokka and observing the map yourself.

"So, figured out the route yet?" Sokka lays the map out in front of you all before pointing towards a large body of water on it. "Okay. We've just got out of the desert so, we should be here.

And, we need to go to Ba Sing Se, which is here." Sokka points out the city before showing you a possible route. "It looks like the only passage connecting the South to the North is this little sliver of land called, The Serpent's Path."

"The Serpent's Path? Are you sure that's the best way to go?" Sokka nods his head as Toph says this before rolling up the map and putting it in his bag. "I'm sure. It's the only way to go. Especially since we don't have Appa to fly us there."

Katara glares at her brother before leaning down to his height. "Shush up about Appa. Can't you at least try to be a little considerate?" As all eyes turn towards Aang, he sighs before leaning back on his hands.

"Katara. It's okay. I know I was upset about losing Appa before but, I just want to focus on getting to Ba Sing Se and Telling the Earth King About the Solar Eclipse..."

As you hear a ringing in your ear, you slowly shake your head before looking towards Aang. "Only part of that statement was true and I don't blame you. Even I want revenge on the ones who took Appa..."

Now, it's everyone's turn to turn they're gaze towards you. "And, how exactly did you know that?" You shrug before looking down as you hear the noise again. "I don't really...know...however..." You grab your bag before harshly throwing it at Desme.

"I DO know that you're secretly checking me out from back there! You perv! Stand in front of me!"

"Well, YOU weren't supposed to know that!" As Desme angrily sits in front of you, Katara looks back and forth between you two before looking down for a moment.

"Right. Well, whatever is going on with (Y/n) must be a spirit thing so...I'm sure it'll pass with time, right?" You sigh as you look towards Katara. "This has never happened to me before so, honestly? I can't say..."

"Oh..."

"Hello There, Fellow Refugees!" As a man calls out to you all, you turn around to see a young couple coming your way. As the couple politely waves, you smile towards them before waving in return.

"Hi! Are you guys heading to Ba Sing Se, too?" The man nods before wrapping an arm around his wife's waist. "Sure are. We're trying to get there before my wife, Yang, has her baby."