The Seige of The North: Part 2

As something fluffy brushes against your ear, you try to nudge it away but it only gets closer. Slowly opening your eyes, you are met with the sight of Momo's worried face.

As you see Momo's expression, you rub the creature beneath it's chin, an exhausted smile on your face. "Hey Momo. How's it going?" As the small creature motions for to look around, you do just that. When you notice everyone else, gone, however, you gasp.

"What the? Where is everyone else?!" Momo makes a series of clicks and sounds with his mouth.

"They went to go look for Aang because Zuko took him?" The creature nods. "Damn it. Those damn kids..." You cough before trying to stand. "I've got to find Aang and Yue. We need to have them here in case something bad happens!"

As your knees buckle beneath you, however, you fall at the foot of the pond before. As you look back at your legs and try to shake them awake, nothing happens. Sighing, you lay your head against the ground... "Or, maybe I should rest. I can't do much with so little energy left..."

You look over at the Koi Fish in the pond. "Tui and La. Heh. I hope Aang's doing a lot better than me."

Aang's POV:

As I hop across the small rocks, I happen to notice a tree. Climbing up the base of it, I notice a small hole leading towards the inside. Anxiously fiddling with my fingers, I walk inside but, before I can, I hear a shril from behind me.

Turning around and seeing it's just a monkey, I smile. "Phew. You're just a curly tailed Mandrill. Nothing wrong with that." As the monkey turns around and faces me with no face, however, I immediately feel fear coming to my face.

Taking a deep breath, I remember (Y/n)'s words. "Show no emotion." Before walking into the entrance of the tree. The deeper I go inside, the more unnerved I feel.

As I walk to the middle of the cavern, I feel a presence behind me. Taking one more breath, I prepare myself for Koh.

"Welcome." As a large centipede type creature comes face to face with me, I try to remain stoic.

Some no emotion.

I bow. "Thank you."

"My old friend the avatar. It's been a long time." The creature moves behind me. "You know me?" Koh stops moving. "How could I forget you? One of your previous incarnations tried to slay me. Maybe eight or nine hundred years ago."

My tone turns apologetic. "I...didn't know that. Why did he, or I, try to hurt you?"

"Oh, it was something about stealing the face of someone you loved. " As Koh's face turns into one of a beautiful woman, I feel a strange connection towards her. Tilting my head to the side, I continue to look at the woman.

As Koh's face turns into that of the Mandrill from outside, I immediately get out of my dazed state before looking back at Koh, my face as calm as ever.

"Of course that's all in the past. Why should I hold a grudge for something you did in your past life? After all, you've come to me with a new face."

I close my eyes.

Remain calm...

Koh circles around me. "It's been a while since I've added a young adult's face to my collection so, how may I help you?"

"I need to find the moon and the ocean." The creature speaks from behind me.

"Their spirit names are Tui and La. Push and pull. And that has been the nature of their relationship for all time."