Chapter 34

Calix

Once upon a time, a handsome young prince lived and loved, and in return was loved by everyone. He had everything he could ever want, and ever wish for. He was contented and kept living a life painted with beautiful lies. The prince's emotions tragically died and since that day, died his belief in the truth.

Until she happened. She arrived like a whirlwind of complexities, clumsiness, bluntness and sheer, adorable wildness. She was everything that the prince despised to be, but perhaps, somewhere deep down, desired to become.

She was weird. Oddly straightforward. And with a fiery mouth that hid demons of the past. To everyone's surprise, the beginning of the tale of the misunderstood, tragic prince and the fiery, clumsy, bold woman began with a kiss.

Of course, this is neither Sleeping Beauty nor Snow White. And this tale was never all rainbows and sunshines, filled with sweet songs, birds chirping around, like, as she quotes, "A Royal Romance movie or book".

This has always been a tale of two humans.

Just two humans who precisely find themselves always in the clutches of hilarious circumstances.

Ironic, isn't it? Those hilarious circumstances led to the present day.

A mess of true emotions.

A mess of true beauty.

And no longer a beautiful lie. But, a beautiful truth, painted by her.

Isha Sen.

My girlfriend. Not fake anymore. But my girlfriend and everything in between, before and after. Mine, and I am gladly hers.

The feelings I am truly feeling now or have been feeling after our intimate moment that night, or after we turned our fake relationship real, could have been embarrassing for the past Prince Calix.

But for the present Prince Calix or just Calix, I feel giddier than a teenage boy experiencing the emotions of a first crush. However, this is more than a temporary crush. And I have never been happier to admit that I was wrong previously.

This is beyond anything temporary.

Isha grumbles, her entire face flushing red when I sneakily capture a picture of her while she is struggling with the ice-skates.

"I wasn't even posing well!" Isha's grumble rises with the increase of my laughter, as in a deliberate attempt to tease her (plus capture the raw, memorable moments of me and my girlfriend), I snap more pictures of her.

"Calix—"

A grin forms on my lips just as I notice the frown disappearing, and a crimson blush covering her cheeks when I quickly swoop down to steal a short kiss.

"Our personalities have been swapped, it seems," Isha mumbles, trying her best to stay composed and all serious.

"Is that so?" I beam, brushing the strands of black hair from her face. From what I have observed these past few months, Isha gets extremely flustered when I am too close to her face and body. Cute. "What can we do now? You decided to take this changed man on a date. Now deal with it."

She chuckles toothily, "I suppose so. After all, I should compensate for our miserable haunted first date and then by the end of this date..." she smirks competitively, "I will be winning our bet."

"You sure do want to declare myself as "boring" after our bet ends today, mhm Isha?" I lean close whispering into her ears, and tracing my fingers across her sweater clad waist, "Even after the pool date or, do you need a reminder of what happened right after I got into the pool?"