CH1: 23rd Jan, 1929

It had only been a week since Horror and Lavenders's late night discussion. Though one wanted it forgotten, the other didn't.

Lavender declined running away with Horror. He wanted to stay- believing there was still a slight chance of work somewhere. Although he thanked Horror for the idea, and declined, but to stay nice he said, "I'll think about it..."

That may sound like a simple 'maybe,' but Horror knew that tone. A tone of uncertainty. A tone of disbelief. But he should've know- Lav treasured the city, so why leave?

...

"Hey Horror, you awake man?" The feeling of boney hands crept on to Horror's should, shaking to grasp his attention. "Yes yes Killer- I'm awake."

"... Man, I know the thing with that guy didn't go well for for ya, but seriously- concentrate. It's usually others telling me this."

Killer was right. Currently, they were sat around a table with Nightmare, Cross, Dust, and Reaper. Error couldn't make it apparently- but the others knew Ink had Error wrapped around his fingers whenever he wanted or needed something. Sometimes it was paint or a new canvas- those were the only things he liked about Error's stealing. Everything else was off limits.

"Alright, so Dust, Horror and I will go into the bank, I want the other of you lot outside- so when the cops turn up there will be a get-away, and others disarming the police. It's simple, so don't over think any of it, got it?"

Everyone nodded to Nightmare's plan. They were going to rob another bank, the Müller Bank just some blocks away from the bridge.

Apart from Nightmare telling Cross to stay behind for a private discussion, everyone else left Nightmare's slum.

It was warm and sunny, but within the next few hours it would be dark and riddled with neon lights once again. Horror enjoyed the sun. Although it sometimes stung the crack in his skull, it was lovely.

...

"Back already, hey hun?"

Horror looked back from the stairs that led to his slum. There stood Lavender in a new dress, white with purple tulips. "New dress? Where'd ya get it?"

"Blue bought it for me, despite saying it was fine. Although I guess it will work."

"Work? Work for what?"

"Oh, I have a job interview today, down at the Haven Club. Though I need to exchange some things at the bank I'm with, then I'll go."

"Ah- well, good luck."

"To you too..."

Horror looked back again, until he realised that Lavender probably knew what he was doing later. Obviously- robbery.

Since the discussion last week, they only spoke of they crossed paths. One wouldn't come to the others slum- even though Horror wanted to he wasn't confident enough. Especially since he believed he asked too much for Lav.

...

05:20pm

——