Chapter 6 - Help Me

"Where are we going? This place kinda has a shady vibe, I feel a bit uneasy," I frowned warily.

"Oh, don't worry, it's perfectly safe," My father assured me with a pat on my shoulder, a strange smile on his face.

"Ah, I think this is it right here," Remarked my mother, as she glanced up from the GPS app on her phone.

"Yes, looks like it," Nodded my father, knocking on the rusty metal door and taking a step back.

This place is really creepy, I wonder why we're here?

I then heard footsteps approaching from inside, before the door handle twisted down with a click. The door creaked open and a man peered out, glancing down at me with a cold, emotionless look in his eyes, making me feel uncomfortable as I shrunk back slightly.

He had a bunch of scars on his face, with several tattoos on his arms and piercings on his ears and left nostril.

"It's about time. Come in," He said in a gruff voice, opening the door fully and stepping aside.

As my parents entered the building, I followed after them, before the man shut the door as we entered. It was a dirty, dimly lit room, a smoky stench invading my nostrils as I noticed more people inside, all staring at me with expressions that made me nervous.

"U-um, this place is creeping me out...can we go back to the hotel, please?" I whispered to my mother quietly, my skin crawling as one of the men narrowed his eyes at me.

"Don't be rude, please behave."

I didn't think I was being rude, but okay...

"Here you go, kid. No need to be nervous, just relax. Have some papaya juice, it's freshly made," Suddenly offered one of the men, as he walked over and handed me a glass.

I really don't like papaya, though.

"Oh, um...thank you, but I-...," I began politely.

"What did I just say? Don't be so rude, take the juice and say thank you," Interrupted my mother with a frown.

"But I-...okay. Thank you, mister," I said as I forced a smile onto my face and accepted the glass, putting it up to my mouth and taking a deep gulp.

Ugh, so gross, it's one of my least favorite fruits.

Hm? One of the men just took out a thick stack of money, and he's coming over this way. What's going o-...h-huh?

Wh-whoa, I don't feel so good...I let out a groan as my head suddenly began spinning, dropping the glass as I stumbled back in a daze, struggling to stay standing as the glass hit the floor and shattered, the juice spilling out and splattering across the dirty tiles as my legs wobbled shakily.

I then fell down, barely able to keep my eyes open anymore as everything started to darken and get blurry, my consciousness slipping away as I found myself falling over with a dazed groan, everything going black...
.
.
.
.
.
Huh...? Where...where am I? My head feels all foggy and unclear...what happened? I don't remember...I was with mom and dad, wasn't I? Where are they?

I began to raise my hand towards my head as I felt a dull throbbing sensation across my temple, before freezing as I felt a weight around my wrist, a metallic clatter echoing out.

What...what is this?

Shackles?

There's one on my other wrist too, and two more around my ankles. I'm in a dark, musty room, it was completely empty, windowless with a narrow metal door ahead of me. Wh-what's going on? I-I'm...I'm scared, how did this happen?