Chapter 40 - Hot springs

The first light of dawn peeked through the dense foliage, casting a soft golden hue over the makeshift shelters where Izuku, Momo, Jiro, Kaminari, Mina, Kirishima, Todoroki, and Uraraka had spent the night. The group had been stranded on this remote island for what felt like days, and tensions had run high until Momo and Izuku managed to construct shelters using Momo's ingenious Quirk and Izuku's resourcefulness. Now, as the morning sun rose, a sense of relief washed over them—all seven of them safe and together.

Izuku was the first to stir. He stretched his arms, feeling the stiffness in his muscles from sleeping on the forest floor. Beside him, Momo shifted, her dark hair spilling across the leaf-strewn ground. Her peaceful expression eased the worry that had plagued him since they crashed.

Careful not to disturb Momo, Izuku quietly slipped out of their shelter. Outside, the air was cool, carrying the salty tang of the nearby ocean. The others were beginning to emerge from their makeshift homes, blinking in the soft morning light.

"Morning, everyone," Izuku greeted, his voice a hoarse whisper. "Did you all sleep okay?"

Jiro adjusted her earphone jacks with a groan. "Could've been worse," she muttered, her dark eyes scanning their surroundings. "At least it didn't rain."

Kirishima rubbed the back of his head, a sheepish grin on his face. "Man, I could go for a hot meal right about now."

Todoroki, as stoic as ever, surveyed the area with a calm expression. "We should start thinking about finding food and water for today."

Uraraka emerged from her shelter, her hair tousled but her demeanor optimistic. "Don't worry, Todoroki! Momo and Izuku have been amazing at finding resources. I'm sure we'll be okay."

Mina yawned loudly, stretching her arms above her head. "I don't know about you guys, but I need a good wash. Feeling a bit grimy after yesterday."

Momo emerged from the shelter, blinking sleepily. Her eyes brightened as she took in the sight of her friends. "Good morning, everyone," she said with a warm smile. "I hope you're all ready for another day of adventure."

Izuku nodded, a determined glint in his eyes. "We should scout the area for water. Finding a river or a pond would be ideal."

"Maybe even a hot spring," Mina chimed in, wiggling her eyebrows mischievously.

"A hot spring would be fantastic," Kirishima agreed, his enthusiasm infectious.

The group packed up their belongings quickly, eager to explore their surroundings. Led by Izuku's intuition, they trekked through the dense forest, the sound of waves crashing against the shore guiding their way.

After what felt like hours of walking, they stumbled upon a clearing. There, nestled between two large boulders, was a small, steaming pool of water.

"It's a hot spring!" Uraraka exclaimed, her eyes wide with excitement.

The others gathered around, marveling at the natural wonder before them. Steam rose from the water's surface, carrying with it a faint scent of minerals.

"We hit the jackpot!" Kaminari cheered, grinning from ear to ear.

Momo surveyed the area, her mind already racing with plans. "Alright, everyone. Let's set up temporary camp nearby incase and take turns bathing. Remember to conserve our resources."

The group eagerly stripped down to their undergarments, the urgency of their situation outweighing any sense of modesty. They had no idea when—or if—they would be rescued, and the prospect of a hot bath was too tempting to pass up.

"Last one in's a rotten egg!" Mina called out, already halfway submerged in the steaming water.

Laughter filled the clearing as one by one, they slipped into the hot spring. The warmth enveloped them, easing away the aches and tensions of their ordeal.

"This is incredible," Kirishima sighed, leaning back against a smooth rock.

Todoroki nodded in agreement, his mismatched eyes reflecting the steam rising around them. "It's soothing."

Jiro lounged against the edge of the pool, a rare smile gracing her features. "I almost forgot what relaxation felt like."

Momo leaned against Izuku, her exhaustion momentarily forgotten in the comfort of his presence. "Thank you, Izuku," she whispered, her voice barely audible over the murmurs of their friends.

Izuku smiled, his heart swelling with affection. "We're in this together, Momo. Always."

For a while, they simply enjoyed the tranquility of the hot spring—their worries momentarily forgotten in the warm embrace of nature. They were stranded on an unknown island, facing an uncertain future, but in that moment, surrounded by friends, they found solace

and strength in each other's company. The camaraderie that had formed among them during their ordeal made the challenges they faced seem more manageable. As they soaked in the hot spring, conversation flowed freely, filled with hopes and plans for survival.

"We should gather some food after this," Todoroki suggested, breaking the peaceful silence.

"Yeah, I saw some fruit-bearing trees nearby," Uraraka added. "They might be edible."

Momo nodded thoughtfully. "Let's make a list of what we need and start gathering supplies."

Izuku glanced around at his friends, a sense of determination in his eyes. "We'll figure this out, together."

The others nodded in agreement, their spirits buoyed by Izuku's unwavering optimism. Despite their circumstances, there was a sense of unity and purpose among them—an unspoken pledge to support and protect each other.

As the day progressed, they explored the island, foraging for food and locating sources of fresh water. Momo's Quirk proved invaluable as she fashioned tools and containers from natural materials, while Izuku's quick thinking helped them navigate through dense terrain and avoid potential hazards.

By the time evening descended, they had gathered enough supplies to sustain them for another day. They returned to their camp near the hot spring, tired but satisfied with their efforts.

"We did well today," Momo remarked, looking around at her friends.

Kirishima grinned, wiping sweat from his brow. "Team effort, right?"

"Absolutely," Izuku agreed. "Let's keep this up. We'll find a way off this island."

As night fell, they sat around a crackling fire, their faces illuminated by its warm glow. The sound of waves crashing in the distance served as a reminder of their isolation, but instead of fear, there was determination in their eyes.

"We'll make it home," Uraraka said quietly, her voice filled with conviction.

Mina nodded vigorously. "Yeah! Plus, who wouldn't miss us back at school?"

Laughter rippled through the group, momentarily dispelling the weight of their predicament.

In that moment, under the starlit sky, surrounded by newfound friends, Izuku felt a surge of gratitude. Despite the challenges ahead, he knew they would face them together—a makeshift family bound by circumstance but united in purpose.

As they settled in for the night, each wrapped in a blanket woven from camaraderie and hope, Izuku's thoughts drifted to the future. One day, when they looked back on this experience, it wouldn't be the fear or uncertainty that defined their memories. It would be the resilience, the unwavering friendship, and the unbreakable bond forged on an island of adversity.