giyu looks down stoically, "...i am not the water pillar." he simply says, then proceeds to walk away until (y/n) stops him with a befuddled look. aiight, hold up...man'z cannot walk away from meh just like dat!!..—

"is this because of sabito?" her words caused him to freeze. He turns to her in shock, mouth agape, "do you think he sacrificed himself and his dreams during the final selection just for you to call it quits? he ensured your survival because he believed you were worthy of becoming a great swordsman and here you are disregarding that." She says with a disappointed frown.

giyu's face was absolute shock. how did the (h/c)-ette know that? it was only them at that time. He looks down, clenching his fists, "...why should i be the water pillar?.. during the final selection it was sabito whom slaughtered all the demons. Everyone was safe because of him, he was the only one who died that day. I couldn't beat a single demon, so how can i stand beside my fellow pillars?" he asks, conflicted with memories of the past.

...aww, bby!! it's okay to be a coward at times, i don't blame you!

(y/n) sighs, walking up to him and slapping his back multiple times, making him jolt in surprise as he turns to her wide eyed, "isn't whatever sabito entrusted to you keeping you both together?"

giyu widened his eyes in shock. There was a momentary silence before he slumps his shoulders in defeat, he looks at the (h/c)-ette, eyes soft, "arigato...i needed that." He hesitated for a moment, as if he wanted to say something more but decided against it, "i will go train now." He bows, walking away.

(y/n) giggles, "tsun-tsun...~"

It was now night time and (y/n) sat on the engawa staring up at the midnight sky as her legs dangled. The chirping of cicadas were heard buzzing in her ears as the full moon revealed itself from the clouds.

"i hate bugs...please don't come near me..." she murmurs, her anxiety sky-rocketing but she needs fresh air!!!

(y/n) was in the butterfly mansion with tanjiro and the others whom were resting. Sitting behind her was rui, enmu, daki, gyutaro, sekido, aizetsu, karaku and urogi; the demons in their chibi forms. This was one of the rare times she decides to let them out.

"..neh," daki hesitantly calls out to the foreign girl, prompting a hum from her, "is all this really worth it? muzan-sama is strong. how do you know you can beat him?" She had been thinking about it for quite some time. It seems nearly impossible to defeat the demon king. If the slayers lose, what would happen to them?? would muzan kill them next??

(y/n) remains silent before she hops off the engawa, taking a few steps under the moonlight as the demons watch her. She pauses, looking back at them with the faintest of smiles, "we will defeat him." She says with certainty, her (e/c) orbs glinting with determination, face illuminated by the moon's light. The sight had enmu, gyutaro, and the clones shivering as butterflies erupted in their stomachs. daki and rui simply gazes in awe.

"i don't want none of you to regret coming with me," she pauses, "because i don't." She grins happily, "i'm...happy you're all here with me." She confesses, the wind lightly blowing her hair as the demons look wide eyed. She was happy..? because of them..?

gyutaro clicks his tongue, rubbing his face as he averts his eyes, a feeling of bashfulness erupting on his face, "man...you really are an idiot, aren't you??" he mutters in his scratchy voice, ignoring the growing attraction he felt for her.

(y/n) blinks owlishly, "baka??! me?!!" She grumbles to herself in disbelief, "you're one to talk you overgrown anorexic!!" She points to upper moon six as an irk mark appears on his head.