chapter 10 - adrien

first of all, sorry for the delay I've been pretty busy with school, basketball, and soccer. also tysm for 100 reads! ilysm guyssss

Suddenly, time stopped.

Adrien's voice stopped working, no matter how much he wanted to respond. His eyes widened in shock, not quite taking it in. Percy stood in front of Adrien, waiting for a reaction of some sort, but he was met by a blank, bewildered expression.

I must have heard him wrong, Adrien thought. There's no freaking way he said who I thought he said. I must have just heard something else. Please tell me I heard something else.

Then, Adrien began to laugh. He snickered softly at first. Then, it got to the point where Adrien was cackling, struggling to hide the tears of laughter running down his face.

Percy scrunched his face up. "What's so funny?"

Gabriel Agreste. Yeah, right. And I'm Queen Bee.

Adrien didn't answer. He was physically unable to answer the question. He continued giggling.

Then he was brought to realization. The isolation. The "Adrien I'm busy." The real reason Natalie and the Gorilla were always taking care of him.

Suddenly, Adrien ran up to Percy and buried his face in his chest. He began to sob, sloppy, wet tears rolling down, staining Percy's soft blue tunic.

"It's not fair," he cried. "He's the only father I've ever had."

Adrien wanted to kill his father. He wanted to kill him for all he'd done to him. Did he know that he was sending people to fight his own son every single freaking day? Did he know how many times Adrien had died because of him, needing Ladybug's Miraculous Ladybugs to bring him back? It just wasn't fair.

"He promised me. He promised me that he'd changed." Adrien yelled through muffled tears. His voice was filled with agony.

Percy just held him close, trying to be like the older brother neither of them had, but had always wanted. Percy couldn't imagine losing his mother, and realizing his father was the jerk organizing all of the monsters to kill him. It was rough. Percy knew Adrien needed him right now.

Adrien continued sobbing as Elwin ran in, thinking something was wrong. He looked at Percy in confusion, but Percy just shook his head.

Finally, Adrien fell to the ground, his face full of disbelief and betrayal, and he said weakly, "I thought he loved me. Obviously not."

He kicked his bedframe, showing his anger.

"It should have been him." Adrien's voice was hollow and bitter. "She didn't deserve it. He did."

Percy tried to comfort him, but Adrien shooed him off.

"I just need to be alone," he said, his voice cold and emotionless.

ok, while writing the "it was rough" line i immediately thought of "that's rough buddy" from atla. comment if you relate or is it js me 😭
________________________________
percy

When morning came, Adrien didn't come out of his room. Plagg had spent the night with Tikki, but when he heard the news, he rushed to Adrien's side. Adrien refused to answer the door, even for Marinette, so Plagg was their only hope at the moment.

Meanwhile, Percy wasn't really in the mood to eat. At least, not with Annabeth still unconscious. Plus, his past week had been more eventful than any other kid's past year, and he didn't think he could deal with any weird-looking elf food at the moment.