Chapter 6

1 year later

1 year later....

Third POV

Abuse comes in all forms. Emotional, mental, verbal, sexual, and physical. Abuse tends to affect people in different ways. Most try to become better, seeking help and allowed access to the proper resources in order to heal healthy. Others, however, carry the pain- allowing it to shape them, define them. They become the worse versions of themselves, or even into a abuser as well.

Taylor is one of these examples.

Taylor has always been a daddy's girl. She was glued to his hip, wanting to be near him 24/7. He didn't mind. The man loved her dearly. However, he hasn't at all the ideal father to his daughter. Her father was a pimp, the top pimp of the city. He ran a drug ring as well.

He was the king, ruling each block as his own. Taylor's mother was one of his best hoes- the top one to be in fact. And as the saying goes, a pimp marries his best seller to make her feel important- and that's what her father did.

Taylor's mother, Diane, never cared for her daughter. All the woman seeked were the approval of her husband and the drugs to keep her going. Clay, Taylor's father, was never abusive towards either of them. He loved them, but his dysfunctional environment was no place for a impressionable child.

Clay would always take Taylor to his drug deals, showing her the ropes and how to avoid the cops so one day she took take over the family business. Unfortunately, her father grew cocky. The man thought he was untouchable, invincible even. Someone will always be bigger than you. Someone will always be greater than you, far more powerful.

And her father met his match.

Taylor was five, riding in the front sit with her father on their way to finish another drug deal- but things quickly got out of hand. Her father fail to notice the gun in the male's hand. He failed to bring protection in case of situations like this. His competition got the better of him, and clay paid for it- with his life.

A single gun shot to the back of his head.

Taylor saw the whole thing, her eight year old brain not understanding that she witnessed her father's death. The male notices the girl in the car, grinning from ear to ear. He rushes to her, snatching the child out of the car and knocking her out cold.