072. unwanted reunion

Start from the beginning

"You two wanna help me out here?" Libby pleads.

"Nate, he's innocent." Ophelia says.

"No boy is innocent." Nathan argues. "We're all disgusting animals. Trust me, I know."

"Do you intend to hurt her?" Billy questions, leaning closer to Ethan's face.

"No." Ethan says, leaning away to escape the older guy's proximity.

"Dude, personal space." Libby groans.

"He is in our home. He gets no personal space." Billy says, leaning even closer.

"Okay." Ethan mumbles, leaning as far back as he can.

"Guys!" Libby turns to the two girls.

"Ugh, fine." Daphne groans. "Silly Billy." She calls in a sing song voice, walking over to her brother. "Calm yourself. They're young and it's not like you caught them fucking."

"If you ever even think about that--" Billy points to the two.

"Okay!" Daphne yells. "I kinda think that's the last thing we'll be worried about." She says, giving both boys a look. It takes a few seconds for them to understand the look before they share a look.

"Well, he's still a dude. She's not allowed to date." Nathan says.

"Says who?" Libby questions.

"Me." Billy and Nathan chorus. Libby rolls her eyes.

"We'll be gone now." Daphne drags her brother out.

"I'm not done with you yet." Nathan growls.

"Yes, you are." Ophelia grabs his hand, dragging him out.

"This was amazing." Delaney laughs as Evie drags her out of the kitchen.

"I am so sorry." Libby says.

"It's okay." Ethan chuckles. "They care about you. It's sweet."

"Yeah, and annoying." Libby grumbles.

"Well, I'm uninjured... for now, at least." Ethan says, walking over to her.

"Don't let them scare you. Nathan's a golden retriever and Billy... well, actually, maybe you should be scared of Billy. Maybe you should be scared of Nathan a little bit. He-- he does have the capability to turn into a rottweiler." Libby frowns and Ethan softly laughs.

"I'm probably more scared of your dad." Ethan says.

"Oh. Oh, yeah." Libby remembers. "Oh, fuck." She whispers, wincing.

"See you in the afterlife?" Ethan asks.

"I can die one more time." Libby nods.

"I don't-- that's not actually what I was--" Ethan shakes his head. "Don't." He weakly protests as Libby laughs.

+++

The five adults get back to the bunker, Billy and Nathan sitting at the map table.

"We gotta talk to you." Billy states, looking between Sam and Jacob, but mostly at Sam.

"Nobody died, right?" Jacob dreads. "Briar's head and bones are all still intact? She hasn't stabbed Justin out of annoyance or anything?"

"Libby didn't totally lose it on Athena?" Larissa asks.

"Ophelia finally lost all of her patience?" Natalie asks.

"Evie snapped and went from people pleasing to people maiming?" Larissa asks.

"Libby's..." Sam trails off.

"Nobody's dead yet." Nathan scoffs.

"I think if somebody were dead, we-- we would've called you guys." Billy says.