𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Katherine Evans

"Who's this?" When dad attempted to frighten the young girl with his menacing demeanor, I nearly rolled my eyes.

Felicity, who's now standing next to my desk, her fingers fumbling, head lowered, catches my attention.

I let out a sigh bago ito nilapitan tsaka hinawakan ng mahinahon sa braso and I feel her stiff. Hindi iyon nakawala sa paningin ni dad kaya't mabilis ko din itong binitawan.

Getting her scared and questioned is not on my list right now.

"Dad, stop scaring my student."

The elderly gentleman shook his head and then let out a loud laugh that echoed through my office's four walls.

"Oh Katherine, you know me so well." Hawak - hawak nito ang tungkod niya at dahan dahang naglakad palapit sa amin.

He extended his hand, offering it towards the younger woman kung saan agad naman niya itong inabot.

"Good afternoon po."

"Good afternoon, ija." He said in his prominent british accent. "May I know who you are?"

"Felicity po Mr. Evans."

"Felicity, please excuse me and my daughter for a while. We have some important manners to discuss."

The girl immediately gathered all of her belongings and bid us goodbye before scurrying her way out.

"Alvarez." Tawag ko dito bago pa niya maisars ang pinto palabas. Agad namang tumigil ang dalaga at tumingin sa akin.

Ramdam na ramdam ko din ang tingin na ipinupukol ng matanda sa akin. "Take care."

A trace of red color went across her cheeks, and I had to bite back the smile that was about to appear on my lips. "Will do po, thank you Ms. Evans."

Dad cleared his throat kaya't agad akong napabaling sa kanya. I gestured for him to take a seat on the couch kung saan inaalalayan ko ito papunta doon.

The old man groaned in pain the moment he took a seat at wala na akong nagawa kunti taasan ito ng kilay.

Dad's high uric acid levels cause urate crystals to build up in his bones, which eventually results in gout.

He's a stubborn individual, so I've been asking him to watch what he eats, but he won't listen.

He also threatened the chief to fire him kung bibigyan lang daw ito ng puro gulay araw araw. He doesn't even want to take meat into moderation.

I gestured to Amelia to make us a cup of tea as I took a seat across the old man. "What brought you here again, dad."

I muttered a soft thank you towards my assistant when she carefully placed the cup in front of us.

The man grinned, taking the cup of tea towards his lips and slowly took a sip. "Brendan and I had a conversation last week regarding your partnership. And the guy asked me if we can move the date sa mas malapit."

"Dad."

"Katherine," he said, taking his glasses off at matiim na tumingin sa akin. I just knew who I got my attitude of not taking a no for an answer, it was certainly from him. "I'm getting old, malay natin baka bukas wala na ako and I just wanted you to have a secure future."