𝐬𝐢𝐱

- unedited

Katherine Pov

I was currently on my way to the date that Brendan asked me earlier. Yes, for some it seems like I enjoyed the attention that he gathered just to pursue me but I don't like it. I don't like people gathering around me, closing the wide space and have their attention focus on me, especially on us.

The ringing sound of my phone broke the silence that engulfs me for quite awhile. I swiped right and pressed it on my ears while my eyes focused on the street.

"Hi Katherine. I heard your sweet manliligaw serenade you on the university ah". Chastity said over the phone that had me roll my eyes.

"At san mo naman nalaman yan?"

"Well your parents and mine went to a business meeting kanina and they have mentioned na yang boyfie mo asked for their permission to pursue you daw".

Napahilot ako sa sentido nang marinig ko ang sambit ng aking kaibigan.

My parents are so fond of the thoughts to have me married with their business partner only son. Sure, Brendan is an ideal man of most girls. He possessed every traits and features mentioned in a typical romance novel that had the girls jumping yet still, he's not my type. May tinatagong baho eto na kelan man hindi niya pinakita sa publiko.

Not being mapili but hindi ko nakikita sa kanya ang gusto ko sa isang tao. He can't even pricked my interest.

"Well I'm on my way to the dinner that he scheduled for us". Tumili ng katodo - todo ang kaibigan ko na nagpadagdag sa nakasimangot kong mukha.

"Shut up Cha. I'll end the call na".

"Yeah sure, too excited eh. Goodluck Kath!" She shouted, jolly as always.

Ipinarada ko ang sasakyan sa tapat ng restaurant at ibinigay sa chauffeur yung susi bago pumasok. "Hi miss, reservation?"

"Katherine Evans".

"Okay maam, this way". Sinundan ko ang staff at dinala ako neto sa private area ng restaurant. I spot a table on the center with a candles lit on top of it. Brendan was already sitting there and he flashed a smile when he saw me approaching his direction.

He was about to kiss my cheeks when I hold my palm open towards him, stopping him from going further. Rude but he's aware that I don't like him and the smile earlier is just for the show.

"Chill, I won't bite".

"Sure you won't", I said as I took a seat across him.

"Not yet babe". Tinapunan ko eto ng tingin habang nakangiti lang siya ng nakakaloko.

I clasped my fingers and rest my chin on top of it. "Anong kailangan mo at gumawa ka pa ng eksena sa university?"

He took a sip on the wine first before wiping his mouth clean and answered me. "Well, pinapaganda ko lang naman ang imahe ng magiging asawa mo".

Napatawa ako sa sinabi neto. Ang lakas naman ng ambisyon neto na akala niya papakasalan ko siya. I know what he's up to.

"So you think papatulan kita?"

"You don't have a choice. You're a puppet of your own father so you'll do whatever he wants darling".

I clenched my fist under the table while flashing him a smile to hide my frustrations. How I wanted to ripped that smile off of his face and replaced it with a busted lips.

I took a sip on my own drink and throw him something that will definitely bruise his ego. "Said by the guy who'll do anything to save his family business from going bankrupt. What if hindi ko susundin si papa? San ka pupulutin?"